Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm getting ready to make a move on and exhaust for my R/T
I've narrowed it down to Solo or Zoomers. My car is an auto so of course I'm worried a bit about drone .
I did a mid muffler delete a few months ago to see what it was like . It's better but really not enough !
So any insite from you Solo and Zoomer guys would be great !
The sleeper for me is Porter Mufflers . They have a system that looks pretty good but I can't find to much info on them .
Thanks in advance

·
Founder
3,728 Posts
I had Zoomers on my SRT Charger a long time ago and I have to say that they are the best sounding exhaust out there if you like it loud, but not open-header loud. You can forget about traveling without a headache with zoomers. They are very loud at cruising speeds. But damn. . . they sounded great. No one else in my family appreciated them though. . .

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I'm currently considering either the Zoomers or Magnaflow Street system for my Challenger. BTW, one of the "Z"s recognized vendors, Speedlogix, sells the Zoomers system under its own name.

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have the Borla Atak but the Solo system was a really close second. I think when you take into consideration price, the Solo system is really tough to beat. Also there is very minimal drone attributed to the Solo system.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have the Zoomers installed on my baby and I really like them. The only time they are a little annoying from a drone, is when they are cold once up to temperature everything is good. Have made a few trips of 200 miles or so and not had any side effects like ringing ears etc.. No experience on 5.7 motors but did install Solo on daughters 5.7 Challenger and they sound good, just slightly more sound in the cabin than the factory setup. Daughter likes them and the guards were she works noticed immediately and complimented her on the sound.
Both the Zoomers and the Solo systems are well made and easy to install. The folks at Solo might have a slight edge in the quality department over the others including the Borla. To be fair the Borla system was put on a Charger.
Good luck with your selection!:smileup:

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
I had Zoomers on my SRT Charger a long time ago and I have to say that they are the best sounding exhaust out there if you like it loud, but not open-header loud. You can forget about traveling without a headache with zoomers. They are very loud at cruising speeds. But damn. . . they sounded great. No one else in my family appreciated them though. . .
I'm currently considering either the Zoomers or Magnaflow Street system for my Challenger. BTW, one of the "Z"s recognized vendors, Speedlogix, sells the Zoomers system under its own name.
I have the Zoomers installed on my baby and I really like them. The only time they are a little annoying from a drone, is when they are cold once up to temperature everything is good. Have made a few trips of 200 miles or so and not had any side effects like ringing ears etc.. No experience on 5.7 motors but did install Solo on daughters 5.7 Challenger and they sound good, just slightly more sound in the cabin than the factory setup. Daughter likes them and the guards were she works noticed immediately and complimented her on the sound.
Both the Zoomers and the Solo systems are well made and easy to install. The folks at Solo might have a slight edge in the quality department over the others including the Borla. To be fair the Borla system was put on a Charger.
Good luck with your selection!:smileup:

I agree, I love the Zoomers sound!:smileup:

Reactions: Scat Pack

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
So what did you decide?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Which exhaust system has less drone? Solo or Zoomers? I want to add something more aggressive than the stock system it has. Btw my car has an auto trans. Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had to put it on hold for a few weeks as some idiot ran into the side of my car on his bicycle . The drivers side had a nice big scratch and crease in it !!
So im dealing with that this week to get it fixed .
Im still thinking about both . I haven't heard any cars yet with either exhaust .
As soon as Im done dealing with getting my car fixed Ill be back in the game !!
Thanks !

·
Registered
640 Posts
Which exhaust system has less drone? Solo or Zoomers? I want to add something more aggressive than the stock system it has. Btw my car has an auto trans. Thanks!!
Solo claims to have considerably limited any drone with their system. Auto trans can be tricky when it comes to drone issues. There are a few members on this site that have the Solo system and all of them seem really happy with it. You really can't beat the price either. It was my second choice right behind the Borla Atak.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Solo claims to have considerably limited any drone with their system. Auto trans can be tricky when it comes to drone issues. There are a few members on this site that have the Solo system and all of them seem really happy with it. You really can't beat the price either. It was my second choice right behind the Borla Atak.
Wow the price is cheap. Will be ordering it by this week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My criteria for an R/T with 5A was:
1. 304 stainless steel (surface rust only, does not corrode through like 409)
2. Muscle car rumble (not a race car wail)
3. No drone
4. Quad tips like the '70s Challengers

I was looking at Zoomers, Solo and MBRP. I chose Zoomers because I could reuse my Mopar quad tips. Solo's in-house tips have rolled edges but are large and squarish, and MBRP's in-house tips are rectangular but don't have rolled edges.

I've had them on for almost 20k miles with a lot of highway miles, and no drone. The wife and I can easily have conversations at speed. Worst audio problem is buffeting when one window is open is the other closed. It has a nice deep rumble that's just loud enough. Not obnoxious, but you recognize its presence. One pipe was out-of-round, but 20 seconds with a grinder fixed that.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
3. No drone

I was looking at Zoomers, Solo and MBRP. I chose Zoomers because I could reuse my Mopar quad tips. Solo's in-house tips have rolled edges but are large and squarish, and MBRP's in-house tips are rectangular but don't have rolled edges.

I've had them on for almost 20k miles with a lot of highway miles, and no drone. The wife and I can easily have conversations at speed. Worst audio problem is buffeting when one window is open is the other closed. It has a nice deep rumble that's just loud enough. Not obnoxious, but you recognize its presence. One pipe was out-of-round, but 20 seconds with a grinder fixed that.
IMO, this is a very well presented write-up of your decision to choose an exhaust system. Like many other R/T-auto owners, I have been looking for a more aggressive exhaust sound but without the dreaded drone. I am undecided between the Zoomers system and the Magnaflow Street system but I'm leaning more on the Zoomers based on this write-up. Reps to you!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
3. No drone

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Zoomers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Solo

Hi I just installed the solo exhaust on my rt auto and I have to say it's awesome, quiet in the car and quiet while cruising and at idle with just a little deeper tone but at half throttle and at WOT it's just amazing. No drone or bad interior sounds just sweet hemi music. I have the quad square tips and they look super. the complete fit and finish is perfect. I am loving my SOLO

·
Registered
63 Posts
I will be ordering the SOLO system next week. I have Mopar quad tips I would want to keep. Can I still reuse my Mopar tips on this system?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I will be ordering the SOLO system next week. I have Mopar quad tips I would want to keep. Can I still reuse my Mopar tips on this system?
Yes you can and that system is a little cheaper without their tips.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts