Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have gambling, others have hookers, and then some like blow. I noticed myself looking at throttle bodies and mufflers again today and my mind started to race. I started itching and shaking as I said to myself "Come on baby, it will be just another mod, $300 dollars tops, you know I'm good for it daddy!"

When I brought this car a year and a half ago I promised myself no excessive mods. I spent so much money on my old Charger thinking it would fight the itch, but after each install I wanted more.

It's just a "reso delete" I said once, but next I knew I was putting on a CAI, new mufflers, decals, a spoiler, and rims. I am determined to kick the modding monkey this go round. Besides, I have things around the house that need fixing and bills that need to be paid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a very infectious disease that has me wanting to tear down my engine and build it for boost. My heart says yes but my checking account says lol, not happening.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The only problem with modding is that I have a Filet Mignon appetite on a Ramen Noodle budget

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Ain't no cure for the Mod Bug! At least they're are rehab center's for the other vices you mentioned.....where the hell do you go to get help for excessive modding?? LOL!
Believe me I looked and sad to say, there really is no cure for the Mod Bug. Mine is in remission right now on my Challenger, have some ideas, but toying with the idea (my wife's actually) to leave it as is. Her reasoning is, you are winning awards at car shows, so why mess with success. However, I have a new 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Crew Cab, and………the Mod Bug reared its expensive head. Had the truck since September, I have already added a CAI, Ram Splash guards, Tri-fold Tonneau bed cover, Bed extension,RAM's Head Caliper covers, and a Blend Mount for my Radar detector. As you can see, no matter what MOPAR vehicle you buy/drive, the Mod Bug always bites you.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
It's the way we are wired. All in or all out. For some a mod is changing the oil, for us it is much different. It becomes an issue when it begins to put a wedge in your relationship. This is a sign that we need to chill out. After all it's just a car.

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
My wife has drawn the line with her SRT Jeep...sill guards, weathertech, window tint.. come on honey you know we need a catch can anyway??? is there now way to stop this? I am dreading the Meet in the Mountains and I see everything everybody has done...Holy Crap...

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,355 Posts
Mods? What Mods? I don't believe in Mods!

(See my Signature)

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,368 Posts
When I was married, my ex didn't bother me too much because she knew what I was up to in the garage, and not some strip club... After my divorce I bought a "base R/T"... so I would have more money to put into it... Divorce sucks but you know what.. I can do what ever the hell I want and only have to consult the wallet.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just about the ONLY thing positive about being overseas is MORE MONEY FOR MODS. Since I left in May, I've directed my wife on how to spend nearly $10K in fixes, mods and upgrades--it's needed to be repainted, so the front and both sides have been repainted; the steering wheel switches I added had to have a new SCM and clockspring after Steve Landers Chrysler "techs" munked the old ones up trying to figure out how to activate the switches (long story); added new higher-end backup camera and really nice dashcam; replaced the worn driver's seat bolster; tweaked the tune to move the RPM limiter up higher (kept hitting the limit); lastly, bought new tires all the way around--BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2 summer-only tires. All in all, she's been awesome. Now I'm trying to mod up her car...but she ain't having it! LOL

Reactions: habbie and trudyc
1 - 16 of 16 Posts