Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get any opinons and experience from anyone that has done these potential mods.

Vehicle is a 2014 Challenger RT. The car has a cam, longtubes, "ported 5.7 manifold" as in I cleaned up the runners to make the transistions smoother inside the manifold, 180 t-stat, and a borla exhaust. The car has a dyno tune on it and puts 425 hp to the wheel and 446 torque.

I am thinking about doing a 392 manifold swap to get a bump in power throught the middle of the powerband. I have researched what is invovled for this project and I have seen many other challengers and chargers with automatics that have done this modification. I have a manual and I know the install will be the same on my manual challenger but has anyone done this modifcation on their manual challenger? I know as of right now the limiting factor for more power is that 5.7 intake manifold. This is also keeping me from getting a ported throttle body because the 5.7 intake can only flow so much.

Second idea would be to switch the E85 if it is worth it. I know what is involved and I am curious if anyone has made the switch. As of right now if i want the car to get spicy I keep a 5 gallon race jug of 100 ocatane handy in the garage. The car will stay NA so im not sure if this mod would really be worth it, any input?

Lastly some long term plans would maybe getting some ported and polished heads. I would still use the stock valve size so would spending that much money to get a little more flow throught the eagle heads?

Thanks for any input and stay saucy out there.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
124 Posts
I came across this, not sure if you've seen it before:

6.4 intake manifold on 5.7 | Dodge Challenger Forum (challengertalk.com)

It sounds like, if to be believed, the intake manifold does help, but it's probably not going to be some huge difference. I don't have a Hemi Challenger, but my 5.7 Durango might want some more breathing room! I upgraded my lower intake manifold on my 3.6 and it made a difference, of course, it needed a tune for things to really work. Anyway, just thought I'd show you that link in case you haven't already seen it before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I
Just wanted to get any opinons and experience from anyone that has done these potential mods.

Vehicle is a 2014 Challenger RT. The car has a cam, longtubes, "ported 5.7 manifold" as in I cleaned up the runners to make the transistions smoother inside the manifold, 180 t-stat, and a borla exhaust. The car has a dyno tune on it and puts 425 hp to the wheel and 446 torque.

I am thinking about doing a 392 manifold swap to get a bump in power throught the middle of the powerband. I have researched what is invovled for this project and I have seen many other challengers and chargers with automatics that have done this modification. I have a manual and I know the install will be the same on my manual challenger but has anyone done this modifcation on their manual challenger? I know as of right now the limiting factor for more power is that 5.7 intake manifold. This is also keeping me from getting a ported throttle body because the 5.7 intake can only flow so much.

Second idea would be to switch the E85 if it is worth it. I know what is involved and I am curious if anyone has made the switch. As of right now if i want the car to get spicy I keep a 5 gallon race jug of 100 ocatane handy in the garage. The car will stay NA so im not sure if this mod would really be worth it, any input?

Lastly some long term plans would maybe getting some ported and polished heads. I would still use the stock valve size so would spending that much money to get a little more flow throught the eagle heads?

Thanks for any input and stay saucy out there.
I run e85 but I'm twin turbo. Not sure the benefit is still there for an NA build. The main idea for me is to run more boost and make more power safely. You would need to upgrade your fuel system completely. Also I live in a big city and have good access to true e85( I always carry my tester and test before fill up since my tune is for e85 and it can vary state to state or station to station)

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
I

I run e85 but I'm twin turbo. Not sure the benefit is still there for an NA build. The main idea for me is to run more boost and make more power safely. You would need to upgrade your fuel system completely. Also I live in a big city and have good access to true e85( I always carry my tester and test before fill up since my tune is for e85 and it can vary state to state or station to station)
E85 is kinda sketchy where I live in South Carolina, many times it has not even been available, not sure why that is though?

You have quite the list of upgrades, do you mind sharing your 0 ~ 60 times on the street, and quarter mile times on the track or street? Ry

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T plus, 6spd
60 Posts
I am starting to watch this, maybe it could help you:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreicate all of the responses and input given. I will have to watch the video there Nightbringer it might give me some information I am looking for. I understand that for E85 in mopars a fuel system upgrade will be needed and here where i live in SC E85 is relatively avalible so I was just kicking around that idea of possibly switching from 93 to E. Also if anyone done the 392 intake swap? I know what is involved for that mod but anyone think that with that intake swap and a ported throattle body be worth the investment? Just kicking around some ideas for future mods while I look for a better wheel and tire set up for the rear.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
895 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts