Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks!

Here are a few easy tips to help you find your way around the new format.

The layout is basically the same except for a few important changes.

1) Hover over your username at the top right to get this fly-out with links to your profile bits.

View media item 9837
2) At the top left are the usual forum nav links. Each tab has a drop down arrow when you hover over it with more links.

View media item 9838
3) You can "Tag" members here (in posts) by entering the "@" character before their name, and they will get a notification that you have tagged them here. You can also tag people in images in the gallery. (Currently members have to approve those image tags)
You can tag others in media that *you* upload.
You can tag yourself in media uploaded by anyone.
You can not tag other members in media you did not upload.

4) Gallery Uploads and Post Attachments. In the old format there were three places to upload images. (attached to posts, in your profile page galleries, and in the gallery itself). That is gone in favor on a much nicer system. Now, you upload all media in the gallery in either gallery categories, or albums you create. Then you go to make a post, and you can click on the black camera icon for a fly-out of all your uploaded media ready to insert into your posts no matter where you are. Very cool, very slick!

You can still upload attachments to individual posts if you want.
Max 10 per post, with a 5MB limit on file size.

5) Member "Title" Changes

New Member: 0 Posts
Member: 100 Posts
Active Member 1000 Posts
Well-Known Member: 5000 Posts
Senior Member: 10000 Posts

6) In the old system your friends/buddies are now people you "follow."

7) When you reply to a thread, the thread list will show a little version of your avatar over each thread you have posted in.

8) Uploading pictures to the gallery. The limits are as follows currently. (Which are much more than before). Unlimited pixel dimensions, and a 5MB file size max.
(Old gallery images are being imported currently 5/1/15 4PM Eastern)

9) Signature Limits (Currently)

Maximum printable characters: 1000
Maximum lines: 3
Maximum images: 1 - Upload from your signature edit page just as before.
Maximum smilies: 1
Maximum text size (1 - 7): 2
Signature Picture Size: 300x150 or smaller, and 175kb max.

STEP ONE
View media item 20477
STEP TWO
View media item 20478
STEP THREE
View media item 20479

10) To "Follow" or not to "Follow"?
You will get updates in various places like your "News Feed" of other members activity. Those are members you "Follow". (Your old friends from the old version) If you do not want to see that, you need to go to their profile page and "Un Follow" them.

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
Thanks for the info, this is a great guidance tool for us less tenured computer users...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
How do I get it to stop emailing me everytime there is a reply to any thread I've posted in? I turned off the setting in the preferences (see attached), but it is still sending me emails. Is there another setting I need to turn off?

Attachments

·
What's Old is New Again!
34,557 Posts
How do I get it to stop emailing me everytime there is a reply to any thread I've posted in? I turned off the setting in the preferences (see attached), but it is still sending me emails. Is there another setting I need to turn off?
Have you logged off?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Have you logged off?
I shut my browser down at night. But I have not actually logged out of the forum. I'll give that a shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
appreciate the help on how 2s I will try to be dillegent.
Hi folks!

1) Hover over your username at the top right to get this fly-out with links to your profile bits.

View media item 9837
2) At the top left are the usual forum nav links. Each tab has a drop down arrow when you hover over it with more links.

View media item 9838
3) You can "Tag" members here (in posts) by entering the "@" character before their name, and they will get a notification that you have tagged them here. You can also tag people in images in the gallery. (Currently members have to approve those image tags)

4) Gallery Uploads and Post Attachments. In the old format there were three places to upload images. (attached to posts, in your profile page galleries, and in the gallery itself). That is gone in favor on a much nicer system. Now, you upload all media in the gallery in either gallery categories, or albums you create. Then you go to make a post, and you can click on the black camera icon for a fly-out of all your uploaded media ready to insert into your posts no matter where you are. Very cool, very slick!

Active Member 1000 Posts

7) When you reply to a thread, the thread list will show a little version of your avatar over each thread you have posted in.

8) Uploading pictures to the gallery. The limits are as follows currently. (Which are much more than before). Unlimited pixel dimensions, and a 5MB file size max.

STEP ONE
View media item 20477
STEP TWO
View media item 20478
STEP THREE
View media item 20479

You will get updates in various places like your "News Feed" of other members activity. Those are members you "Follow". (Your old friends from the old version) If you do not want to see that, you need to go to their profile page and "Un Follow" them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks should have read this first
Hi folks!

View media item 9837

View media item 9838

Active Member 1000 Posts

STEP ONE
View media item 20477
STEP TWO
View media item 20478
STEP THREE
View media item 20479

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I am new to this site- I have a 2017 dodge challenger and I have a problem - after I use the fob to autostart then a few days later when I go to start regularly the a/c does not turn on - I am a real newbie to all the bells and whistles but I usually have it on max ac- help me- I ve tried shutting it off and on still no avail

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
hello I am new to this site- I have a 2017 dodge challenger and I have a problem - after I use the fob to autostart then a few days later when I go to start regularly the a/c does not turn on - I am a real newbie to all the bells and whistles but I usually have it on max ac- help me- I ve tried shutting it off and on still no avail
You should repost this message in the correct section. Scroll down on the homepage and you will see a section for problems on the challenger. Pick the appropriate section and you can start a NEW thread on this problem. No one will probably see this question in this section. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should repost this message in the correct section. Scroll down on the homepage and you will see a section for problems on the challenger. Pick the appropriate section and you can start a NEW thread on this problem. No one will probably see this question in this section. Good luck!!!
tx trying to figure it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks!

View media item 9837

View media item 9838

Active Member 1000 Posts

STEP ONE
View media item 20477
STEP TWO
View media item 20478
STEP THREE
View media item 20479

Thanks for the info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts