Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done eating dinner, watching a nice 16 piece band

Get in the car, headed home chilling at a red light when a dark blue Camaro pulls up beside me. Starts revving his engine, jumping back and forth. I'm just looking at him thinking, "Apparently this gentleman really appreciates the look of my car, and wants a piece." Now I don't know that much about Camaros (not sure if it was a 6 or 8), but the lights goes green and zoom! He's off. Here comes me patiently forward, there's another red light not too far away, he slams on the brakes cuz he gets caught. I casually pull up.

Same thing. Revving, jumping, blah. :shakehead:

Only this time, slightly after this red light is my exit to my house. No one else is around, so I decide I'll show this guy what Mopar is about. Light turns green and we shoot off the line, I MISS a shift... he pulls on me, recover and still blow his doors off, make my exit, and slow back down to the acceptable speeds and laugh my way down the exit as he is behind me. As soon as it opens back up into two lanes he jerks into the left lane lane and flys by. Guess he was a little mad. :hah:

Let me end this with, glad this section of the forum is labeled as:

Kills and More Kills! Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car with your Challenger on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Let's just call it a good story! :smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Sometimes these fictional characters bite off more than they can chew!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
You bad boy Dave!! Of course it's just a story, so no big deal. Great story, made me think back to my youth when we had two main drag strips (uh, I mean two long one way streets) through town. Three or four lights to stop & go. Fun times then!! Lots of muscle!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Way to show a Bowtie what a Mopar can do!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nice going, I'm raising my Challenger to hate Chevys lol I had a guy in a spanking new Vet pull up next to me tonight and I was having no part of it and ignoring him and when I looked he asked if my car came from the factory like that I said pretty much and he said "man that is a sharp car" I returned the compliment with my face a little red thinking the guy wanted to race.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
good job...easy way to distinguish a sixer to a v8 camaro...that fake v shaped scoop thats in the front bumper cover is not there on the sixers.... because they both have dual exhaust and all that crap...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
You probably were racing the six. When I had my RT, even with the tune I wasn't able to keep up with the Camaro's. Keep in mind the car is lighter and has more HP, so no surprise there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You probably were racing the six. When I had my RT, even with the tune I wasn't able to keep up with the Camaro's. Keep in mind the car is lighter and has more HP, so no surprise there.
I agree, had to be a SIX.

I just noticed that you have a SIX Challenger now but said you used to own an RT. Why the change to a SIX?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I agree, had to be a SIX.

I just noticed that you have a SIX Challenger now but said you used to own an RT. Why the change to a SIX?

I had to many issues with the HEMI. i would get a loud tapping noise on cold starts, had the HEMI tick. Absolutely hated the MDS and then I got the wonderful Timing Chain recall. I completely lost all faith in this motor. I was going to change brands but I just love the Challenger body style so much. Along came the 100th anniversary edition that I really fell in love with. I did like the extra power of the Hemi, but I must say That I am not disappointed with the six.
Also the around town gas mileage is significantly better. Other members will argue this, but I have owned both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts