Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im deciding on which rear strut brace to get, i want room for cargo so my 2 options are the speedlogix 4 point arched rear strut brace or the 2 point brace? I like the 2 point because it looks simpler to install but the 4 point might be better? Anyone have either of these installed?

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,784 Posts
You have to ask yourself what you really want. The 2 point system ties in the top of the shock points only. This also strengthens the top of the wheel tubs. The 4 point system does the same thing but also triangulates the those points against the bar that goes across the seat back on the body.

My way of thinking is that if you want the stiffness in the rear is to go with the 4 point system. You can still drop the seat back and feed stuff thru. That's what I did when I packed my 12' canopy, 3 foldable chairs, a big cooler, my cleaning supplies, my emergency equipment and last but not least, mine and my wife's luggage. The 2 point system will give you a little more but not much.

BTW, I don't have a rear brace, but have stiffened up the rear with coilover shocks, polyurethane subframe bushings, Hotchkis rear sway bars, poly sway bar link bushings and billet lower tension bars with poly bushings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to ask yourself what you really want. The 2 point system ties in the top of the shock points only. This also strengthens the top of the wheel tubs. The 4 point system does the same thing but also triangulates the those points against the bar that goes across the seat back on the body.

My way of thinking is that if you want the stiffness in the rear is to go with the 4 point system. You can still drop the seat back and feed stuff thru. That's what I did when I packed my 12' canopy, 3 foldable chairs, a big cooler, my cleaning supplies, my emergency equipment and last but not least, mine and my wife's luggage. The 2 point system will give you a little more but not much.

BTW, I don't have a rear brace, but have stiffened up the rear with coilover shocks, polyurethane subframe bushings, Hotchkis rear sway bars, poly sway bar link bushings and billet lower tension bars with poly bushings.
Thanks, do you think it will make a big difference to have front and rear strut brace since i have the widebody scatpack with wider tires adjustable suspension and larger sway bars and stiffer springs than a normal scat?

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,784 Posts
Thanks, do you think it will make a big difference to have front and rear strut brace since i have the widebody scatpack with wider tires adjustable suspension and larger sway bars and stiffer springs than a normal scat?
What i would do is drive it while you get a feel for it. The front strut bar does the most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts