Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for a catch can for your HEMI here is another offering from Speedlogix and AAD!

Designed by All Angles Design, Speedlogix is the exclusive supplier for the AAD catch can for the Mopar vehicles. Each can comes with the Speedlogix logo laser etched on the bracket and the Speedlogix chevrons << laser etched on the top of the can.

- Patent Pending Twist-Lock can attachment makes it quick and easy to remove the can even in tight quarters. No more risk of cross-threading or over-tightening.
- Dual Inlet/Oulet capability means you can always configure the AOS to suit your CCV plumbing needs.
- Exclusive dual all-metal filtration media lasts forever, cleans without dis-assembly, and removes as much oil as possible without plugging.
- The lid, body, and mount bracket can each be rotated independently to any of 8 positions. This ensures you can get the fittings pointed the right direction in any installation.
- Every hole is sealed with a Buna O-ring and every piece of hardware is stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance.

Note: this will not fit on vehicles with an EGR.
To Order: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-aad-00.htm

Thanks
Mikey

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Great option if looking for a catch can, well engineered, designed and produced in the USA. Enables the use of a larger line and true fittings. Also features an easy to remove twist lock bottom for easy emptying of the can.

Best part is these are in stock and ready to ship, no lead time or waiting!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Love this catch can, nothing like it on the market! In stock at SX!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
These cans were designed to fit the Hemi cars, but we have now verified fitment for our friends with 06-10 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 and 6.1 as well.

Here is a great review from a recent customer that purchased and installed our ultimate catch can by AAD on his SRT Jeep.

Ok, so I decided I wanted to switch the blue catch can I had for a black one. I wasn't able to replace it with the same brand......... so I was talking to Kris from Speedlogix and he convinced me to give this AAD catch can a try. Here are my observations. (Installed on my Jeep SRT8)

My first impressions of the kit were good for sure. It came in a super sweet box, The pieces were all really nice billet, light, smooth, clean. This can is completely adjustable. You see on here, the top is the "out" and the bottom is the "in". You can choose from either hole for the fitting, there are plugs for the other side. You'll see more.

This is a catch can with a mount made for the 5.7/6.1 block. This is the first 6.1 Jeep it's been installed on. The tubes were sent long and needed to be cut. Kris has the measurements I took, so I think he will be able to be more accurate next time.

Here's a before of the engine bay. I have the Bwoody 4" intake.

Pics are terrible, I'm sorry.

Below, you see I removed the can and the CAI. You'll also see I backed out the two bolts that are used for the mounting bracket.

Bracket installed in pic 1, in pic two you see I used one of the supplied spacers to bridge a 1/4" gap on the bottom bolt. The spacer was machined aluminum, very nice.

Here you see the configuration I went with. The lower "in" side was turned towards the fitting on the intake manifold. It's really tight, so I wanted fewer bends.

After lots of cutting, getting cut, messing with hose angles, etc. Here's what it looks like without the intake on it.
(bad picture from the front)

Looking at it from above

Intake back on.

The cool thing about this catch can is that it's quick disconnect. With the previous can, it was awesome, but it had very fine threads. I was always worried to cross thread it. Not to mention, it was tough to get in there and get the threads started. The video below shows disconnecting and connecting it. It's not easy, as there isn't much space, but it's easier than the threaded style.

sorry for the background noise, I had to do this at my storage unit.

My overall take on this:

The piece it's self is super sweet. Very high quality, crazy adjustability.

I really like the look, fit, finish and quality..

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
The AAD/SX can is simply the best engineered can on the market. High quality materials, engineered and produced in the USA, designed specifically for the Hemi. No detail has been overlooked. Even our packing is reflective of the attention to detail. No cans thrown in plastic bags here.

This can is available in satin or black finish.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
The finest, best engineered catch can on the market for the Hemi! Designed specifically for the LX/LC platform! and manufactured in the USA!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
In stock in satin or black! Made in the USA!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts