Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the all the excitement of the holidays cooled down and I had some free time I started buying myself some toys for my SPS, which is still not here, but I will be ready and waiting once it is.

I decided to add a catch can right off the hop as I feel it small investment that, all debates aside, is beneficial to some degree for my engine. I had great service from SL as everything in my recent posts came from them, great service and great product.

As some may know I am a CNC machinist so I have an eye and respect for good machining work and I would give the machining work a 9/10, easily. The large threads for the body are cut well, not overly loose and smooth to turn by hand and the knurling is consistent with only small flats on the top (perfectly pointed knurling is very difficult/near impossible with aluminum)

20160117_120139.jpg
20160117_120215.jpg

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,757 Posts
Have mine for 5 years and it still threads smoothly.

Reactions: Lyle

·
Premium Member
12,543 Posts
So after the all the excitement of the holidays cooled down and I had some free time I started buying myself some toys for my SPS, which is still not here, but I will be ready and waiting once it is.

I decided to add a catch can right off the hop as I feel it small investment that, all debates aside, is beneficial to some degree for my engine. I had great service from SL as everything in my recent posts came from them, great service and great product.

As some may know I am a CNC machinist so I have an eye and respect for good machining work and I would give the machining work a 9/10, easily. The large threads for the body are cut well, not overly loose and smooth to turn by hand and the knurling is consistent with only small flats on the top (perfectly pointed knurling is very difficult/near impossible with aluminum)

View attachment 65784 View attachment 65785
Is that the fender mount bracket?

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Glad you like it! Now the car just needs to get here

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you like it! Now the car just needs to get here
Yeah thats just it, getting all the toys first almost makes it worse as it just reminds me I have to keep waiting lol

Thanks for your help and great service!

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
We look forward to seeing pictures of your catch can installed once your car arrives.The black catch can with the black hose barbs looks fantastic!

- Alexis

·
Banned
160 Posts
Yeah thats just it, getting all the toys first almost makes it worse as it just reminds me I have to keep waiting lol

Thanks for your help and great service!
Same with me! I got my catch can before my car came in. :) Put it on proudly as your first mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts