Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a sound clip of the Speedlogix Zoomers exhaust for the 3.6 v6?

I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
It sounds soooo good in person on the 3.6 the clips don't do it justice

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Review Time

Having had my exhaust now on the car for a couple of days, I thought I'd give my honest opinion on it.

Initially I struggled to get a decent fitter to actually fit the exhaust, I'm on Long Island and new to the place so it was a case of driving around until I could find someone. Anyway, I eventually got it fitted.

The first thing you need to know, is that this thing is loud, really loud. I think the sound of the exhaust is deep, those who are looking for a V8 sounding exhaust, it just isn't going to happen.

The drone at 2000rpm can get on your nerves, I seem to find myself on and off the throttle to try and keep the car a little quieter. The exhaust itself can be heard in the cab with the windows up, this is obviously expected though with an exhaust like this.

The quality of the exhaust is excellent and the support from Speedlogix is excellent.

Unfortunately this exhaust isn't really for me, I do a fair bit of driving around town, so the car spends a lot of time at the 2000rpm range, which I think will end up being unbearable. I've had exhausts on quite a few other car's in the past (Supras and WRX's) and these have sounded ok when normal driving, but loud at WOT. This is kind of the same thing I was after with the Zoomers, but with the Zoomers, its just loud the moment you step on the gas.

The sound the exhaust makes when you lift of the gas is great, it has a fantastic deep rumble sound.

I'll take it back to the muffler shop today to see if they can do something to make it a bit more quieter on the road, at the moment I feel like I should be in a gathering of Honda Civic's. Or I may just be getting old.

I'll let you all know how I get on :smileup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, this was a bit unexpected.......

On my way to the muffler place, an elderly gent pulls up along side me and comments that he likes the "purring" sound at the car is cruising along.

I thanked him and carried on.

When I arrived at the muffler shop, they guy who fitted the exhaust came out and asked if I was crazy for wanting to make it quieter.

At the same time, a guy in a charger pulls in for his appointment, he hears my car running and says to the fitter "that's exactly how I want mine to sound!".

I did explain the drone, it gets quieter when the engine is warmed up, the muffler guy suggested lining the trunk with sound deadening material, so I'll do that.

So, after receiving 3 compliments on the car in less than an hour (I haven't received any since I bought the car in December), I left the muffler place with the exhaust unchanged.

I think it is safe to say that my mind has well and truly been changed on this exhaust. I drove around for a while yesterday and started liking the fact that heads would turn when they heard the car coming.

I LOVE the sound the exhaust makes when you let your foot off the gas, it sounds so cool. That was one of the major factors in me keeping it as it is.

Another factor was that the muffler guy offered to driver the car up and down the block so I could hear the sound from the outside. The car sounded fantastic and completely different from what you hear inside.

To conclude then, I spent a lot of time researching exhausts for the 3.6 V6 and listened to just about every soundtrack I could find. SRT8U is correct in saying that the clips don't do the exhaust justice, I'm sure that is the case with all of the other exhausts, but it is 100% the case with the Zoomers.

I'll be the first to say I'm wrong when I am and I believe I was wrong on my initial opinion of this. Perhaps the shock of it going from nothing to loud might have influenced me, I'm not sure.

One thing is for sure, I definitely do not regret buying this, not one bit :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you are/were not fully happy with the Zoomers.
All the Subaru's likely have only the glass packs installed, so their sound is different. I think you could get different muffler fitted to quiet the sound, but that would mess up the Zoomers as a system (the re-sell value). You could return the Zoomers and get something else. MagnaFlow or Flowmaster are probably a bit quieter, while Borla and Solo could be on the louder side.
The good news is that the drone will lessen with time, and the exhaust will sound smoother after couple of months. At least that was what happened in the case of my MagnaFlow exhaust.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I lined my trunk with Reflectix, it made a difference and made the woman pretty happy. I was the same way and hated the sound in the interior but got my gf to drive around the street and it sounded deadly outside.

Its always cool when people compliment your V6 exhaust. lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
I lined my trunk with Reflectix, it made a difference and made the woman pretty happy. I was the same way and hated the sound in the interior but got my gf to drive around the street and it sounded deadly outside.

Its always cool when people compliment your V6 exhaust. lol
Yes, our Bosses must be happy. :D

I agree, having the exhaust sound complimented feels great!

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Glad to hear you are loving your exhaust now!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I definitely love the sound now. I've ordered some sound deadening for the trunk, just to lower the tone inside a little.

To be fair, it quiets down significantly inside, once the engine has reached operating temp.

That said, the windows are constantly down now and the radio is off :)

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
The Speedlogix / Zoomers exhaust makes a nice, deep rumblin' sound.Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The sound difference is quite amazing. I liked the "stock" sound, but I love the new sound. Great job! :smileup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The sound difference is quite amazing. I liked the "stock" sound, but I love the new sound. Great job! :smileup:
I know its crazy isn't it? I only started the car to check for leaks and it sounded like a completely different car :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I really need to stop hanging out in this forum...I am going broke!

Last week I purchased a Intune from Hemifever Tuning, this week ordered a K&N Series 63 CAI and now I want the Zoomer's exhaust!!!

I love my SXT!!!

brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts