Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second order I've made with Speedlogix and so far, both have started off on the wrong foot. Back in December last year I ordered the underhood dress up kit. The information on the website stated "5-7 weeks lead time". So, after February came and went, I emailed Lisa and was told that my order will ship when it has been completed. I didn't receive my order until the end of March. I figured that since they had to make a specific order for me, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. On March 28, I ordered the ABS cover (unpainted). No wait time was listed and the information stated that it ships out in 24 hours. Well, today is April 14 and I still don't have it. The order is listed on their website as "processing". I called in to them today and spoke to Mikey. He found my order, but it wasn't listed as "processing" and said he would call me back when he found an answer. It's 1352 and still no call back. I called them back and got the voicemail. I wanted to order the Ram Air Hood as I was told it was in stock, but I'm afraid I would have to wait until after Thanksgiving to have it shipped to me?? This might be my last dance with these guys.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I've previously ordered a few items from SX and never had a problem with the service or shipping schedule.
It's JMHO, but when I ordered my engine dress up kit and my underhood tins, I didn't go through a third party. If at all possible I always try to order from the manufacturer direct.
The underhood dress up items are probably made by Billet Tech (BT)- I got my stuff from them direct.
The ABS cover is probably made by 3G Customz. I got my underhood tins from them.
The BT stuff sometimes takes a while because they do runs of various parts and then run a specific batch of color anodizing....so it could be a while depending on what you ordered. I think my stuff was almost a six week wait because I ordered purple. That's a special color run and they wait for a few orders before they do an anodizing run.
Same with 3G. If they have it in stock it'll ship right away or else you have to wait for them to do a run of the parts.
These vendors are usually not dedicated to making parts for the finest machines on the planet - i.e. our beloved Challengers.
They actually do stoop to lower levels and manufacture stuff for other cars, which may be more popular out there, and have a greater demand for the parts.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Hey there, yes I spoke with you today. I apologize I didn't call you back on that ABS cover - was waiting to hear back from from the manufacturer. We have them in tock, just in Gloss White and not the plain un-powdercoated. I meant to give you a call before I left tonight at 8 PM, but time got away from me.

As far as the billet stuff goes, yes Billet Technology has been way behind getting these orders out, they really make great product - but the time frame in which it gets done does take some time.

I will be contacting the manufactuer of the ABS cover again first thing in the morning and will update you either way in the AM.

We appreciate the business - we should have a couple of the hoods left on this current batch of the Ram air hoods.

Thanks
Mikey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts