Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring Festival 9 was an awesome experience and I'm really happy that I was able to attend. Met several members from the Z and essentially hung out with Teri (petriTL) iand and her husband, Dennis, both of whom were gracious enough to invite me to many of their activities and outings. I also got to meet Tony (MoparX2) and see his Cuda Tribute in the steel, as well as Dan (friendoffur) and his wife, Cindy, and Susie from Desert Mopars. It was really cool not only to meet people whom I've only met through the Z, but to hang with a crowd of folks who perfectly understood my protective obsession with my Challenger!

BTW, I really expected the dominant LX vehicle to be the Charger, but it was our Challengers that made up at least 50% of all the vehicles in attendance. And with a few exceptions, the Challengers for the most part were the least "riced" of the LX platform cars. It's incredible how many of the Chargers and 300-C's were (IMO) over-modified with sliding hoods, body kits, light show displays, and some really different color and textured paint jobs. But to each his own, right?

Anyway, here are some slideshows of the event, starting with the gathering at the DoubleTree Hotel on Friday:

Friday at the DoubleTree

Saturday Morning Staging

Spring Festival 9 at the Verizon Amphitheater

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,754 Posts
Great pics, saw quite a few familiar cars and members.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Great slide shows! I knew you would have some more pics, thanks for sharing! I owe you some reps! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Looks like the best time John! Loved the slide shows! Almost felt like I was there! Thanks for sharing!:smileup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice slide show! Plenty of good looking Challengers there.
Looks like a 2014 from Texas, I like that color.

Thanks for the pics.

Don

·
Registered
435 Posts
The slides were awesome! Really gives you a feel of the show and it's enormity. Looks like Great Fun!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,479 Posts
Spent some Sunday evening time pretending I was at SF9. Great slide show, thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us! Glad you had a great weekend and got to meet some forum members!!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Looks like an awesome time. Thanks for sharing ! Sure wish I could have been there. Hopefully one day soon we'll be cruising around here too, but right now it's back in the 20s temperature range.

·
Believe . . . . . . just believe!
6,055 Posts
:smileup: Great pictures John, I have to admit this was one of the best Spring Fest events we have attended. It's as much about the people as it is about the cars, we enjoyed meeting you and some of the other ForumZ members as well. You'll just have to explain to everybody yourself about the "Hello Kitty"

I just wish I had taken more pictures, I was too busy talking and visiting with everyone. :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Talk about a crowd!

Heck, I was there and did not get to see any of y'all!!

John: If you could come to the meetings, you would have know about the group from SD.

We didn't go early, just Sat AM.

Jeff

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Heck, I was there and did not get to see any of y'all!!

John: If you could come to the meetings, you would have know about the group from SD.

We didn't go early, just Sat AM.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately it's tough for me to attend the meetings because I work right up until 6:00 PM, and with job burnout and rush hour traffic from North County pretty much kills my motivation to get to Montgomery.

Did you have any signage up? I walked all over the Festival grounds and saw a lot of different clubs.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For everyone who posted in this thread, thank you so much for your comments and for viewing the photos. I hope it conveyed some of the fun and excitement from this past weekend, and I hope it inspires some more members from the forum to attend these events and meet up with some of the folks you have met here online. If it's anything like my experience, you'll won't be disappointed and you'll wonder why you waited so long to meet the great men and women from this community!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,479 Posts
it was the best meet I've ever attended and the food wasnt bad either lol
Glad you attended!! Did you and John (HemiMetal) get acquainted, or did you meet anyone else from the forum?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry we didnt get together. We arrived closer to 11. Most people werent near their cars. Maybe next time!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts