Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you guys are already aware, but I found this in the latest MOPAR Now magazine. Its a supercharger system for 2012 and 2013 3.6 Pentastar engines. It has caught my interest, so I figured I would share it with you guys. Here are the features of the new system off the Sprintex website:

Excellent performance, high efficiency & reliability, to deliver INSTANT BOOST from low RPM.

• Uses the ultra efficient S5-335 screw compressor which provides a denser charge, creating more power and torque.
  • Robust OEM style moulded automotive glass filled nylon, offering reduced weight and much improved heat soak characteristics.
  • This system increases torque available at low rpm, allowing the use of taller gears for crawling and highway use.
  • High efficiency water to air intercooler incorporating Laminova® tubes optional.
  • Suitable for a standard vehicle without the need for any additional upgrades.
  • Carb in progress.
  • Flash tuner included. Programmable for vehicle variables such as tyres and gear ratios
  • No cutting or welding of standard body or frame components (completely reversible). Fits under stock hood.
  • No external oil lines to add as the compressor has its own internal oil supply.
  • Fully integrated supercharger system (not a self assemble kit).
  • Estimated installation time of 3-4 hours.
  • Manufactured under ISO9001.
  • Sprintex system parts are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles / 20,000Kms.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/supercharger-systems/jeep-jk-wrangler-3-6l-v6-pentastar/

·
Registered
209 Posts
Under the hood of a Wrangler is way different then the Challenger. I know RIPP also does superchargers for the 3.6L Wrangler and back in September i asked em if they planned on doing anything for the Challenger and they said they were "working on it".

It sounds like a great system and is priced cheaper compared to other systems ($4000 w/o intercooler; $5500 with intercooler). Also would like to see some type of numbers from the SC.

Always good seeing more Pentastar performance parts, hopefully they decide to do the Challenger too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I talked to these guys at sema in 2013, same system they were advertising. They have no tune and have not been able to configure it to fit under the hood of the challenger, same with RIPP and Magnuson. Tidalwave is a completely different configure that's how he got it to work, I think. no body that I know of has been able to top mount a supercharger to the challenger 3.6 yet....hopefully soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I talked to these guys at sema in 2013, same system they were advertising. They have no tune and have not been able to configure it to fit under the hood of the challenger, same with RIPP and Magnuson. Tidalwave is a completely different configure that's how he got it to work, I think. no body that I know of has been able to top mount a supercharger to the challenger 3.6 yet....hopefully soon.
yes Tidal Wave definitely figured it out, I know of 3 people who have done it so far and its awesome. There was another one though I thought I heard a few people had done too. I can't remember the name tho

·
Banned
473 Posts
Here 'ya go. http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?p=925250#post925250

http://www.challengerforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/showphoto.php/photo/10803/title/v6-sc/cat/500

I think he was talking about going with a T/A hood - don't know what the final verdict was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts