Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
Just wondering if anyone on here has gone with the Sprintex SC option on the 3.6l Challenger?
I was originally going with the TWSC kit but after having some problems I was looking into either RIPP or Sprintex. I tried reaching out to RIPP but it looks like they are out of SC kits for my vehicle. Sprintex offered me a great deal for this week only. The guy promised me the entire kit excluding the tuner for only 3995 plus tax That's almost 1500 cheaper than the Ripp kit, so at this price I definitely wanted to consider installing this on my challenger. My main concern is the hood. I know I'll have to replace it or add a hood scoop in order for it to fit. I'm also concerned with the HP, I know Ripp boast around 430hp at the wheels and Sprintex claims 383 at the wheels. If you guys have any insight on this product please share.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Guy from another forum just installed one... Seems pretty happy with it and the company... Only thing was like you said the hood... Pics he had of it look pretty sweet... I've had S/C on my mind also... And have been leaning towards the Sprintex but who knows if I do it'll probably be later in the year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy from another forum just installed one... Seems pretty happy with it and the company... Only thing was like you said the hood... Pics he had of it look pretty sweet... I've had S/C on my mind also... And have been leaning towards the Sprintex but who knows if I do it'll probably be later in the year.
Do you know which forum? it was on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Guys,
Just wondering if anyone on here has gone with the Sprintex SC option on the 3.6l Challenger?
I was originally going with the TWSC kit but after having some problems I was looking into either RIPP or Sprintex. I tried reaching out to RIPP but it looks like they are out of SC kits for my vehicle. Sprintex offered me a great deal for this week only. The guy promised me the entire kit excluding the tuner for only 3995 plus tax That's almost 1500 cheaper than the Ripp kit, so at this price I definitely wanted to consider installing this on my challenger. My main concern is the hood. I know I'll have to replace it or add a hood scoop in order for it to fit. I'm also concerned with the HP, I know Ripp boast around 430hp at the wheels and Sprintex claims 383 at the wheels. If you guys have any insight on this product please share.
Thanks
Does their kit include the unlocked PCM? You'll need one of those.
New hood or hood mod, as you stated.
Only 383 HP @ the wheels.

RIPPs:
includes everything
no new hood or hood mods needed
~425 HP @ the wheels

Just depends if you want to wait or not.

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
I would go to the engine section for 3.6's on this forum and read what our members have experienced modding their 3.6's. I know a couple of folks on here have had excellent results with the RIPP system. Sometimes what you really want is worth the wait.

Reactions: Russrob82

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I ordered a sprintex kit because I couldn't wait any longer. I've been waiting since April for a kit and sprintex promised me it would only be a week or so before I would get it. I like they way they look and sound compared to RIPP however I just wish they had more Hp. I'm just using this car as a daily so 380 at the wheels is good enough. I plan on getting a used 6.4l once I get this paid off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well, I ordered a sprintex kit because I couldn't wait any longer. I've been waiting since April for a kit and sprintex promised me it would only be a week or so before I would get it. I like they way they look and sound compared to RIPP however I just wish they had more Hp. I'm just using this car as a daily so 380 at the wheels is good enough. I plan on getting a used 6.4l once I get this paid off.
Nice! On another forum, a guy said he purchased and installed the stage II kit from Sprintex. 11 PSI was the advertised boost level. If you're wanting more power...

I, myself, got lucky, and got one of the RIPPs presale kits. Waiting for it to be shipped. Just installed my Borla S-Type Catback today. Sounds like sex to your ears.

Looking forward to your install posts!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are you going to have the hood painted?
Is that just raw composite, or a matte black paint that's on there?

Reactions: Russrob82

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you going to have the hood painted?
Is that just raw composite, or a matte black paint that's on there?
It's just the primer for now. I'm going to have someone paint it gloss black. I just need to save up a little because one going to paint the cab and the trunk as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was able to finish the install last night. I just need to get the Tune and the external water pump harness and I should be good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I've already started her up and she sounds great. I just need to get the Tune so it will run like it needs too. I think the sprintex SC looks more pleasing than the other kits out there.
Thanks man

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, I like to be able to look and see something different under the hood. A "real" SC has that "look". The prochargers "just" look like a turbo to me...

Although you don't need to mod the hood with one like the RIPP. I do like that aspect.

Who am I kidding, I'll take whichever I can get and be happy!

I actually read the installation manual for the Sprintex one day, and it looked very do-able. I think there was only one part that had something to do with flushing/pumping that I didn't think I had the equipment. I'd still give it the 'ol college try...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts