Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Yellow Jacket and over the past few months i'm getting pretty loud break squeal. Mind you i drive my car like a grandma and i'm very gentle on the breaks. I have 10k miles on the car and have had her for just over 1yr. Is this normal or am I not driving them hard enough to knock the break dust off :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll go ahead and subscribe to this thread.
I have a 2013 Rallye Redline Challenger and I have only around 8K miles on it. I don't beat on the breaks or anything either. I take care of my cars. Yet, every single time when I start it up for the first time and go, it squeals the first few times braking. Especially when your constantly breaking lightly like backing out of the driveway or a parking spot. Then eventually it goes away once the car has warmed up.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
hmm...will be interesting to see what others have to say....I find I use mine as a reminder to get to the car wash! Mine get squeaky and loud between car washes so I've always attributed it to dirt build up on the Brembos.

·
Premium Member
24,742 Posts
Yep, bedding of the brakes can very well stop the squealing regardless of the age of the car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had the same problem RYU, and I only had 3500 miles on it. Had Dodge mechanic check them when I went in for the oil change, turns out they were defective. He showed me the pads...they were already corroded. They wound up changing two pads (same batch?) and that solved the problem. I'd have someone check them out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.