Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2015 SRT 392 and love it...Is the Scat Pack upgrades made for the 6.4 liter or limited to the 5.7 liter only? OR is the SRT 392 already have these mods?

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
Scat Pack stage kits are for 5.7L cars. Your SRT already has the bigger engine, more power, 6 piston Brembos, 3 mode adjustable suspension, etc.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you want add the HC air box and tube and drive it until the wheels fall off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want add the HC air box and tube and drive it until the wheels fall off
Thanks so much...When you refer to the HC air box and tube, the SRT has the intake tube from the turn signal or are you referring to the tube from the box to the throttle body?... still loving and learning about the car...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Headlight to air box.

·
Registered
904 Posts
This paragraph is from an article about Scat Pack.
https://www.autobytel.com/car-ownership/technology/what-is-the-dodge

"Scat Pack for Challengers and Chargers
On Challengers and Chargers with the 5.7 liter HEMI engine, each of the Scat Packs are designed to add horsepower. Scat Package 1 adds up to 18 horsepower and includes a Mopar cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust to improve engine breathing, and a new engine controller, calibrated for the HEMI engine and new parts. You also get a Scat Package 1 badge. Scat Package 2 adds a Mopar performance camshaft, along with a new engine calibration and the Scat Package 2 badge for up to 30 extra horsepower over the standard car. Scat Package 3 for the HEMI goes all out and includes Mopar performance CNC ported cylinder heads, Mopar hi-flow headers, engine calibration, and the Scat Package 3 badge, giving an extra 58 horsepower for a total of 433 horsepower in a Challenger equipped with the manual transmission."

I have a 6.4 scat pack which has most of these upgrades, but the badging is just the bee, no scat pack 3 emblem. Also my exhaust is SRT. Youtube has videos on Scat Pack upgrades. It's seems maybe there is a racing scat pack upgrade, and a domestic one. https://www.moparmagazine.com/2016/04/three-stages-one-legend/

Though FCA is liberal about the use of the term Scat Pack. There is scat pack for Darts and 300s, and maybe others. And could just be good marketing.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
This paragraph is from an article about Scat Pack.
https://www.autobytel.com/car-ownership/technology/what-is-the-dodge

"Scat Pack for Challengers and Chargers
On Challengers and Chargers with the 5.7 liter HEMI engine, each of the Scat Packs are designed to add horsepower. Scat Package 1 adds up to 18 horsepower and includes a Mopar cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust to improve engine breathing, and a new engine controller, calibrated for the HEMI engine and new parts. You also get a Scat Package 1 badge. Scat Package 2 adds a Mopar performance camshaft, along with a new engine calibration and the Scat Package 2 badge for up to 30 extra horsepower over the standard car. Scat Package 3 for the HEMI goes all out and includes Mopar performance CNC ported cylinder heads, Mopar hi-flow headers, engine calibration, and the Scat Package 3 badge, giving an extra 58 horsepower for a total of 433 horsepower in a Challenger equipped with the manual transmission."

I have a 6.4 scat pack which has most of these upgrades, but the badging is just the bee, no scat pack 3 emblem. Also my exhaust is SRT. Youtube has videos on Scat Pack upgrades. It's seems maybe there is a racing scat pack upgrade, and a domestic one. https://www.moparmagazine.com/2016/04/three-stages-one-legend/

Though FCA is liberal about the use of the term Scat Pack. There is scat pack for Darts and 300s, and maybe others. And could just be good marketing.
I don't the Scat Pack kits ever came out for the dart. Much like many other things Mopar showed off for that car. It just didn't have the sales. I would have considered them for my wife's car. Or just get her the Dart SRT which would have been really cool. But alas they over promised and under delivered on that stylish little car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts