Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people do a header swap from stock R/T headers to stock SRT headers instead of going aftermarket. Any benefits to this and is the swap straight forward or is there some conversion required and any good gains from this? My question about this swap is that if you were to swap the SRT headers would you then be able to use a larger exhaust that is made for an SRT or would that not really work? If you have any insight please post some replies!
Thanks!

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
The SRT exhaust manifold is about the equivalent of after market shorty headers in terms of HP gain. The gain from what I've read will probably fall in the 6-10 HP range and the manifolds tend to be available for a lot cheaper than the aftermarket shorties. You will want to pick up a set of SRT mid pipes or the after market equivalent to go with those. Quite a few guys on the forum have done the swap so hopefully a few will chime in here with more detail, there is also a good thread on the swap by member Friendoffur, here's a link to his thread. https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/srt-headers-install-on-a-5-7.66982/

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Jon is spot on. I have them in mine and quite happy. The SRT shorties produce more low end torque than do long tubes on the 5.7 motor. Make sure you get a new pair of OEM gaskets (no aftermarket they do not seal as well). I have JBA hi-flo cats and then SRT exhaust from the cats on back. Works great

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
776 Posts
It's not rocket science srt heads flow better than than bottle neck 5.7 "logs" and jba midpipes fit it ,simple reducers to 2.50 from 2.75 after cat backs

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
I have the Magnaflow shorties because I could not find a used set of SRT manifolds. The shorties were less than my FCA dealer wanted for a new set. Andre is correct if you are going to due future upgrades you will need this...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jon is spot on. I have them in mine and quite happy. The SRT shorties produce more low end torque than do long tubes on the 5.7 motor. Make sure you get a new pair of OEM gaskets (no aftermarket they do not seal as well). I have JBA hi-flo cats and then SRT exhaust from the cats on back. Works great
What jba high flow cats did u get. Mine is a 2016 RT 5.7. I want to buy some srt headers now for acheap price, but I am not finding any catted midpipes that would fit the 6.4 srt headers. Please, any advice?

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I got the JBA high flow cats. These are the direct replacement for 05-13. Model #2967SYC. These fit the SRT headers. Same for 6.1 or 6.4 motors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts