Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler Group Announces Leadership Changes
May 6, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In conjunction with the outlined plans for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Chrysler Group LLC today announced that the SRT family of vehicles will be consolidated under the Dodge brand. Tim Kuniskis will lead this effort as he continues his role as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dodge Brand and head of the Company’s Fleet Operations. Ralph Gilles continues as the Senior Vice President of Product Design and President and CEO of Motorsports. The move is effective immediately.

“I want to thank Ralph for his dedication to the SRT brand,” said Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO, Chrysler Group LLC. “Under Ralph’s leadership, the SRT brand expanded its vehicle lineup to include more highly customized models and received numerous automotive awards and distinctions.”

Hmmm...maybe no Grand Cherokee SRT8 or Chrysler 300 SRT8? I sure hope not.

Sorry if this is old news, I just saw it.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I kind of felt like SRT never should have branched out on it's own anyway. Not sure what all this will mean for the long run though.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I hope Ralphie gets to keep his job.

:4-dontknow:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,549 Posts
I kind of felt like SRT never should have branched out on it's own anyway. Not sure what all this will mean for the long run though.
Me too, Jon! I feel it made it confusing! :4-dontknow:

·
12,990 Posts
I hope im wrong but I would say there is probably gonna be some big changes coming soon with Dodge's product line, I don't know if that will be a good thing.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I hope im wrong but I would say there is probably gonna be some big changes coming soon with Dodge's product line, I don't know if that will be a good thing.
Obama say..."change is good".

:sad:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an SRT-4 Dart coming. AWD and turbo'd. Sounds like a perfect work car for me.

Oilslick...when is the Fairfield show this year?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you check out the actual announcement from chrysler Ralph is keeping his job the SRT brand is just being rolled under dodge like the past dodge was the sports devision muscle while chrysler was the luxury so nothing bad here that i am seeing even though i don't have as much knowledge as most of you i think this is a good thing

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
If you check out the actual announcement from chrysler Ralph is keeping his job the SRT brand is just being rolled under dodge like the past dodge was the sports devision muscle while chrysler was the luxury so nothing bad here that i am seeing even though i don't have as much knowledge as most of you i think this is a good thing

I think this is a good thing and that Ralph will keep his job. :) It's a tough choice with a performance arm of a company. Look at Buell motorcyles being 51% owned by Harley-Davidson to being completely taken over by HD. With Mini Cooper's, the John Cooper Works performance side was also taken over by BMW and integrated into the organization.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Hmm seems my source was right again and to think many said I was crazy about saying no more SRT a few weeks ago ohh well ......

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
This re-organization seems like Ford's Special Vehicles Team (SVT) in which it designed specialized products under the Ford brand name.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
Here is the pdf file on Dodge as the performance brand. Will be interesting to see if they develop a Durango SRT. I too like the DART SRT.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here is the pdf file on Dodge as the performance brand. Will be interesting to see if they develop a Durango SRT. I too like the DART SRT.
Welllll, that's interesting...slide 13 has an image of a 6.2L Supercharged Hemi V8. Is this _currently_ used in any platform?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Welllll, that's interesting...slide 13 has an image of a 6.2L Supercharged Hemi V8. Is this _currently_ used in any platform?
Not yet. It's a spy photo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts