Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to participate in the SRT Track Experience at Lime Rock this past Wednesday. Definitely recommend going if you haven't done so already. I hadn't realized the greater potential in these cars until I whipped around a few of those apexes. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have an opportunity to do so in the city anyway, but it was nice to push the limits in SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR! I thought it was a worthwhile experience as I had never been on a track before.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,741 Posts
I had a chance to participate in the SRT Track Experience at Lime Rock this past Wednesday. Definitely recommend going if you haven't done so already. I hadn't realized the greater potential in these cars until I whipped around a few of those apexes. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have an opportunity to do so in the city anyway, but it was nice to push the limits in SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR! I thought it was a worthwhile experience as I had never been on a track before.
Glad you got to do this, Lime Rock is a beautiful tight track with great elevation changes:smileup:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Sweet! If you ever decide to do it again, try Watkins Glen. That's a fun track too. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Think I could sneak on a track with my R/T???? I would LOVE to give her a spin!

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
HERE YA GO MOM!!

http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184&Itemid=78

I have a buddy that is in a porsche club and he was able to get me on the track in my 06 Charger for a few laps....like the rules state, there are very strict rules about where/when to pass since its not a race....which i was very glad to know because i was the one being passed by full on race cars

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Think I could sneak on a track with my R/T???? I would LOVE to give her a spin!
Susie, Pocono Raceway has a Drive-Your-Own event. It's awesome! I did it twice.

:smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
HERE YA GO MOM!!

http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184&Itemid=78

I have a buddy that is in a porsche club and he was able to get me on the track in my 06 Charger for a few laps....like the rules state, there are very strict rules about where/when to pass since its not a race....which i was very glad to know because i was the one being passed by full on race cars
Susie, Pocono Raceway has a Drive-Your-Own event. It's awesome! I did it twice.

:smileup:
Thanks guys.....I have tracked our Cobra at a local Motorsports Park and it's open to all cars.....just don't have the guts to bring out my Challenger....too many Corvettes, Porche's and Tuners.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the instructors were telling me that Watkins Glen is a very nice track...something like 6 or 7 miles compared to Lime Rock which is about 1.5 mi around. No passing was allowed.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
This is the track we go to in Vineland, NJ.......lots of guys are members so when a walk-on hits the track...they're not too happy, especially if it's not a Vette, Porsche or Exotic.

http://www.njmp.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts