Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going a different way than the supercharger for now wife wasn't to happy with 6g so I went with a full nitrous set up coilover and new slicks .. I'll post up pics once I get it all on . hope this set up will match up well with my first stage set up..

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
With the stock pistons?

I wouldn't even think of it. Good luck though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And y wouldn't you people are running 6lbs of boost and as far as nos goes I've seen people running 150 shots with no issues . I'm not being rude would like to know y u feel that way

·
Registered
413 Posts
And y wouldn't you people are running 6lbs of boost and as far as nos goes I've seen people running 150 shots with no issues . I'm not being rude would like to know y u feel that way
Probably because people repeat what they read. Not trying to be rude but its true. Yes the rings are shallow. But the pistons are race quality. At least what I have read.

And your point about 6 lbs of boost is spot on. A buddy recently shared this with me:

"Another way to look at it is that both methods are increasing the ammount of oxygen added to the combustion chamber, nitrous sprays it in at a measured ammount and SC compresses it to squeeze more in, they both enter through the intake, nitrous heats and the oxygen seperates from the nitrogen. The only difference is the ammount of oxygen being delivered, everything else is the same. 75 shot, certain ammount of oxygen being delivered, SC, starts with a small ammount and increases very rapidly to max ammount (psi). After the delivery (which neither delivery method causes strain on the motor) it's all just extra oxygen in the combustion chamber, the more oxygen the bigger the explosion and the faster the engine rotates causing more heat and stress.... So, enough oxygen to create 150 hp would be more oxygen than a 75 shot that produces only 75 hp.... bigger explosion, faster engine rotation, more friction, higher heat and faster wear of the cylinder and internals. Looking at it this way simplifies it quite a bit and allows you to seperate the process into sections, before, during and after oxygen added to intake... It's certainly not stressing your engine by pushing a button to open a solenoid (not connected to your engine) to allow oxygen into the intake and neither is spinning a turbine to compress air making it more oxygen dense then adding it into the intake. The during is the same depending on the ammount of oxygen added for each method, no difference there. And after, wheels spin faster as a result of more power and the burned/unburned gasses exit the combustion chamber through the manifolds and out the tailpipes as usual. People fear nitrous because they dont understand it and base their opinion on others mistakes. I was deathly afraid of it because a few guy's in high school blew up their Honda's with it, problem was that they were adding 100 shot of nitrous to a car that was only made to put out 100 hp naturally, lol. Basic rule of thumb with nitrous is to add less than half the hp that the car makes from the factory to the rear wheels."

Im leaning towards a 75-100 shot. Its the best bang for your $$. The right tune , the right install, and used correctly are key. With a 75 shot not much needed. With a 100 shot some Torco and pulling timing 2 degrees out of the tune and good to go. Over that colder plugs are needed.

Post up your results, experience, and all NOS items you encountered. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used nitrous outlet kit with with the stage 2 acc. Set up I went all out on it I figured if I was going to do it do it right so here is what all I got
All nitrous outlet = plate kit jetted at 100 HP pressure activated bottle heater remote bottle opener ,perg, blow down tube pressure guadge as well as a pulled guadge,switch plate ,and a zex full throttle activator and the stage 2 tune from hhp . now I'm waiting on my drag radial to come in . I've took the car down the road once with out the tune and sprayed it ... Wow !!!!
I got the tune in it . and that was a huge difference by its self but I couldn't launch with the no's so I hit it about 30 and it just spins so I'll post up times and all this weekend so everyone can really see how she does ... I'm trying to dial in these coilovers also..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Great buy man. Yeah the big problem with NOS is traction. If u run at full spray at WOT the torque is instant. You could always stage it and have it spray at certain times. This will create less tire spin and spread the power increase across the entire power band. Depends on your usage needs.

Also I was told that although spark plugs arent needed its highly recommended to go 1 step colder with a 75-100 shot. Its precautionary as to not melt the plugs.

Becareful of running NOS with no modified tune. You dont want to run lean. You could cause early detonation and boom. Not good.

I got a quote yesterday for a full set up with install on a 75 shot for $2200. Not the cheapest but I prefer to leave things im not an expert on to those that are. I dont need a $32k paperweight. Lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with ngk stage one plugs before I installed the kit .. I just got my dr in im running a 275/40/17 I raised up the rear coil over about 7 turns and am going to soften them 4 once I get to the track the track is a hr away so the car will be heat soaked but I hope 30min of cool down time will help a little .. pm me man there is a great deal going on for kits .. or email me [email protected]. also we will see tonight how she does ill report bc tm.. going to Memphis 1/4 track

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds good man. Looking forward to seeing ur numbers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not happy with last night at all but here it is ..tires hooked good
R/t-.131
0-60'-1.81
330-5.219
1\8-8.084
Mph-86.68
1000'-10.523
1\4-12.603. @ 108.66

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not bad numbers. And as you know temps and DA affect the numbers. Not knowing your mods, if any, a 100 shot on a stock 5.7 will put you in SRT 392 range. Which is where you are with the 12.6.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Now i understand. Lol. Check to see if the PCM is pulling timing. Data log and share with ur CMR guy. Cant hurt. Unless you are familiar enough to adjust your timing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also on all motor I only ran 13.65 my first pass of the night .. If I retarded the timing would that blow it down ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
You can adjust by going into the tuner and remove 10% timing in the 3 full throttle rpm sections. That'll take out a little timing. But i wouldnt play with it if ur not familiar. You can do a lot damage if you run too lean. Contact HHP since they did the stage 2 tune for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i went to the 1/8 track today and hit 7.88!!! Finally prolly coulda got a lil better but couldnt get her to hook again.. I think my times at Memphis was low due to Nitrous bottle being low and my psi prolly wasnt right ill post my slip in a few min

·
Registered
413 Posts
There it is man. Thats about a 12.25 qm. We have similar mods except I have a ported TB and ported Intake manifold. Im hoping once I get the juice I will be in the same range. Are you airing down ur tires? If do what psi?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts