Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between a staggered wheel and tire setup or a symmetrical one. What is every else running? Any reason you prefer the staggered or symmetrical setup, and also how wide of a wheel can you fit up front and in the rear I was looking at maybe 9.5 up front and 10 in the rear for my rt.

·
801 RWHP
8,552 Posts
Been staggered since my SRT8. New stance is coming very soon. Soon to be shipped. Currently I am running 255s on 9 and 1/2 in in the front and 295s on 10 ins in the rear.

New setup will be 275s in the front on 9.5 in and 315s in rear on 11 in
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

But fronts will be Nitto nto5 and the rear will be Nitto nt05r (drag radial)

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Been running staggered on mine. Ran staggered on my 71 with the world famous Mickey Thompson Indy Profile L-60 15’s. Going back to Mickey Thompson Street Comp’s 255’s in the front and 305’s in the rear. Just trying to decide on wheels now.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts
Staggered here as well.

Reactions: FastMikeR1

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Been running staggered on mine. Ran staggered on my 71 with the world famous Mickey Thompson Indy Profile L-60 15’s. Going back to Mickey Thompson Street Comp’s 255’s in the front and 305’s in the rear. Just trying to decide on wheels now.
That takes me back, was running Firestone Supersports on my '70, L-60s on the rear and E-70s on the front wrapped around some Cragar ET deep-dish mags. Had to run 112 psi in 150# air shocks to keep the wheel wells off the rubber. Screwed up once and Armor-all'd my front seats. Had to keep my left foot in the firewall to keep from sliding under the dash.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
I am planning on running staggered soon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Since everyone has said staggered so far, I'll chime in. I run Michelin PS-4S 275/40/20 all round, mostly because it's the widest recommended size on the stock 20x9 rims, and the Michelin mileage warranty is doubled with a square set-up vs staggered. (Not sure you can go much wider in the front even with a 9.5 rim)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts