Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a set of staggered vipers ready to go on and I ordered some Billet Tech center caps to go in them. Problem is while the rear ones fit perfectly, the fronts don't sit flush in the hole. Does anyone have a solution for this should I just try whacking them with a rubber mallot or can the hole be slightly widened somehow?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've got 9" Viper replica wheels on front and 10" on back. I've had my center caps out and I know they didn't all go back in the wheel they came out of. So I think they're all the same unless they've changed them. I don't think you're gonna have much luck widening the hole. Rubber mallet sounds like a plan.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
Contact B/T and see if they can machine down the diameter of your caps rather than you widening the holes on your wheels. It might cost you a few extra $, but you won't run the risk of damaging the center holes on your wheels which would be much more costlier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so thanks to this file and mallot I was able to open up the opening a little to allow my caps to sit flush. Install in the morning, I'm tired of waiting for winter to end guess I'll have to pothole dodge for awhile!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.