Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out where to mount a Garmin Nuvi 5" GPS unit on my '14 R/T (other than with a suction cup to the windshield).

Would like to see where others have installed a stand-alone GPS, preferably somewhere on the dash.

Thanks.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I don't have a GPS mount (430N with nav in my dash) but I do have a vehicle specific mount for my cellphone that attaches to one of the bolts that holds the radio in. I know I posted a pic somewhere on the forum, do a search for cell phone mount and you might find it. I think I used the one from proclipusa. I'm sure it would work with a GPS using the correct cradle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea, JimMc!!

By the way, how does one remove the radio bezel??

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Great idea, JimMc!!

By the way, how does one remove the radio bezel??
Use a dash panel removal tool(either plastic or metal) and lots of care. The vinyl around the bezel has enough give to be able to get behind the lip of the bezel. Start at the top and work your way down. You will have wiring plugs that have to be unplugged when you almost get it out.

First time I did it, it took me about 20 minutes, now I can do it in about 3.

Oh, BTW, I use a bean bag pad for my GPS.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I bought a mount that plugs into the DC/cigarette lighter plug by the shifter. It is also the Nuvi power source. I adjust it so it's out of the way of the shifter, and it's easy to unlug and stick in the console when I'm not using it. Got it on Fleabay for about $15. Works great.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I bought a Vent mount and mounted the garmin in the passenger side vent directly above DVD unit. I Wired in a lighter plug behind radio bezel, plugged in the cord and ran wiring behind Radio bezel and out that vent so that you cant see wiring. I don't have pics right now as I am at work and car is not. But with the link below you should get a visual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-VEHICLE...958?pt=GPS_Holders_Mounts&hash=item1c3d64c6ce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts