Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 challenger Rt was not starting at all yesterday. Battery and alternator checked out fine. Lights and everything else will come on, but it just won't start. Anyone else has/had issues with their starter? I'm a little concerned considering my car is only 2 yrs old with 35k miles.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
244 Posts
Can you be more specific?

Does anything happen at all when you push the start button? Do you hear a clicking noise when the starter is expected to engage? Does the starter even try to turn the engine over? Does it turn it over very slowly? Does the starter motor spin very fast but not crank the enginel?

Reactions: challengerWill

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,438 Posts
Swap the starter relay in fuse box under hood, with the start/run relay. start/run relay may be bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you be more specific?

Does anything happen at all when you push the start button? Do you hear a clicking noise when the starter is expected to engage? Does the starter even try to turn the engine over? Does it turn it over very slowly? Does the starter motor spin very fast but not crank the enginel?
The push button worked the 1st time. But didn't worked the 2nd and everytime after that. I heard one small click with the remote start. Starter didn't try to turn the engine over. It doesnt turn over at all. Motor doesn't spin at all

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,438 Posts
The push button worked the 1st time. But didn't worked the 2nd and everytime after that. I heard one small click with the remote start. Starter didn't try to turn the engine over. It doesnt turn over at all. Motor doesn't spin at all
Have you checked the relays ?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,438 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts