Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are experiencing signific static shocks every time we exit the Challenger. Does anyone have this experience? I know it's not unusual in the winter but it was 66 degrees today and we were still shocked.:SHOCKED:
Keep on CHALLENGING!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,741 Posts
We are experiencing signific static shocks every time we exit the Challenger. Does anyone have this experience? I know it's not unusual in the winter but it was 66 degrees today and we were still shocked.:SHOCKED:
Keep on CHALLENGING!
I had this a lot when the car was new but I don't notice it anymore.I believe it has more to do with humidity( lack of) that makes it worse.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Every single time I get out of the car. I've gotten used to it, now I purposefully touch my door to discharge immediately after getting out. Think it has something to do with the cloth seats and dragging your feet across the carpeting when exiting.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link

I checked that link. Thank you, sir. Grounding is the key. I don't grab to roof, though. Fingerprints!:SHOCKED:
I will try touching the door sill area.
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It is the cloth seats. Cloth when sitting and moving around in them, will cause static electricity. Has not happened with me having the leather trimmed seats in my car. But I have had it happen on my Ford F-350 with cloth seats.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Its not that shag carpet you installed in place of the floor mats is it???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts