Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its tramlining as mentioned by Sky above, I have the same car as the OP and yes my car will catch a groove in the road and ride it like its on rails but that's why we drive our challengers and not do the old 1 handed top of the steering wheel cruiser style driver. I drive with 2 hands like our fathers told us to, on the wheel in control and at the ready, yes your car will tramline with so much rubber on the ground, yes the steering will fight you when corner at speed, yes the steering will be heaver if you drive in track mode all day long but that's just the nature of a widebody car that's been designed to drive on a track and be good at autocross. The design intent was for the widebody to be a track day car, probably the reason I chose to buy one :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve delivered a Widebody Hellcat Redeye to customers that are several hundred miles away down the same stretch of highways that I have problems with my personal car and have yet to come across one with the same problem. Alignment is spot on. Tires are very evenly worn and rotated at every oil change. Tire pressure is exact in each one. Tires are identical, directional, and all the correct direction. Car still handles horribly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I picked my 2019 up in DC around Thanksgiving 2018 it drove perfectly straight all the way back to Hampton Roads. After about 3k miles I started having a hard left pull. I took it into the dealership they realigned everything and the hard left pull went away but now I have the weird steering issue. The dealership blamed it on the wide tires and I kind of let it go. I think I'm going to get a second opinion.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts