Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Challenger's RT Plus T/A seat and steering wheel heaters are on at vehicle startup by default,I have to manually turn them off (each time). Just purchased the car, so learning my way around it. Appreciate any guidance! I would imagine this is a set up item...

·
Registered
74 Posts
The seat heater/steering wheel automatically come on when the outside temp is below a certain temperature. I'm pretty sure you can turn that off in the settings menu.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a 17 as well, we don't have the option to turn them off. Same goes with ventilated seat in the summer. And the ac in the seat only works if the air is on, but by default the blower motor starts up when you start the car. I've seen that later years have an option to not have them come on at start up but not the 17 TA's.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have a 17 as well, we don't have the option to turn them off. Same goes with ventilated seat in the summer. And the ac in the seat only works if the air is on, but by default the blower motor starts up when you start the car. I've seen that later years have an option to not have them come on at start up but not the 17 TA's.
Are you sure. I can change the start up options on my '16 R/T.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's called a comfort setting.........and you can set it to come one with remote start only, come on always, or not come on at all. It should only come on no matter what if the outside air temp is below 40 deg, or above 80 for the ventilated seats.

It works the same way on my 2012 Ram Laramie and my 2015 Challenger SRT 392.

From my owners manual:
Auto Comfort Systems — If Equipped
After pressing the “Auto-On Comfort” button on the touchscreen the following settings will be available:
• Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn ON when temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C) the driver vented seat will turn ON. To make your selection, press the “Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel With Vehicle Start”
button to select from “Off,” “Remote Start” or “All Starts” until a check-mark appears next to setting, showing that setting has been selected. Press the back arrow button on
the touchscreen to return to the previous menu.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Are you sure. I can change the start up options on my '16 R/T.
Yup, years before and after can do it but for some reason my 17 TA doesn't give the option. I even got a new headunit and update. The option is not there. Maybe it's just mine? Don't know. Would love to find the fix though. I posted pics on here on my thread about the same issue awhile back.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
From the 2017 owner's manua
Yup, years before and after can do it but for some reason my 17 TA doesn't give the option. I even got a new headunit and update. The option is not there. Maybe it's just mine? Don't know. Would love to find the fix though. I posted pics on here on my thread about the same issue awhile back.
Strange. I found the instructions in the Owner's Manual for the '17. Don't know why that wouldn't be available as an option.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My 2017 Challenger's RT Plus T/A seat and steering wheel heaters are on at vehicle startup by default,I have to manually turn them off (each time). Just purchased the car, so learning my way around it. Appreciate any guidance! I would imagine this is a set up item...
Hi, this drove me nuts when I got my 2018 SPS, the Auto Comfort feature was not in the settings menu (as per the vehicle manual) . My car is in storage but as I remember it should be the next selection after "doors & locks". I think Mopar missed it on the 6speeds. The logic here is that you cannot have remote start on a 6 speed, however it is related. Just because I have a 6 speed and no remote start I should still have the option to turn it OFF. I brought this to the attention of FCA in many different ways. To my surprise on the next Uconnect update, about 2 months, it was now in the menu. I would create a customer complaint form and also call the new car help line. And no I wasn't going to go to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts