Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stellantis- fairly new at owning Dodge, has more brands than the former GM back in it’s halcyon days. 12 - count ‘em - 12. One bright spot: they own Maserati so maybe some of that technology will make its way into our Challengers?

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,642 Posts
Maserati has been part of FCA for a wile. I;m afraid the only technology going to make it to the Challengers is batteries.(n)

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,591 Posts
Fiat has owned , Maserati, Lancia , Alfa Romeo and Ferrari for a long time.

Reactions: RonB

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I had read pre Stellantis that the next generation Challenger will be based off of a modified version of the Alfa Romeo Giorgio platform which is used on the Stelvio and Giulia. This makes sense since it would be a sportier trimmer vehicle more in line with the original 70-74 E-Body and dare I say the current Mustang.
The new 2022 Grand Cherokee, not the L is based on a reworked version of it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal, Black Top, Convenience Group, car nickname: "Christine"
174 Posts
So I shall hurry up to make my dreams for V8 Challenger happen soon enough :devilish: - the V6 seems to becoming great daily, and this would be my last chance ever to get true V8 boat; I am not so interesting in more sporty lighter car... Still better than to ride electric grocery getter, before the green maniacs ban true cars at all.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,863 Posts
Admittedly it has been a while since I followed Maserati any but when I did my take away was it was a gorgeous car with lousy hardware. Kind of like Jaguar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I shall hurry up to make my dreams for V8 Challenger happen soon enough :devilish: - the V6 seems to becoming great daily, and this would be my last chance ever to get true V8 boat; I am not so interesting in more sporty lighter car... Still better than to ride electric grocery getter, before the green maniacs ban true cars at all.
From what I have read they will still offer a Hemi as well as a turbo 4 and some kind of Maserati derived twin turbo V6 but with Stellantis these might be in flux and offer some kind of electric-hybrid.
BTW I own a 2018 Challenger GT AWD also in granite.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal, Black Top, Convenience Group, car nickname: "Christine"
174 Posts
From what I have read they will still offer a Hemi as well as a turbo 4 and some kind of Maserati derived twin turbo V6 but with Stellantis these might be in flux and offer some kind of electric-hybrid.
Thanks, let us hope things will not go completely bad - but here in Europe we are accelerating our way to the green hell...
I surely didn´t mean V6 Challenger is bad or weak - GT AWD is great car! Just I realized that what initially was meant as weekend joy car has became my daily :devilish: - whenever I can I take Challenger instead of our European Fords. The ride is great, in all aspects.
In fact such swing seems not uncommon here, I met people with very similar experience saying American V6 (of the usual displacement 215-250 cu in) is still affordable as daily and still way more pleasant to drive than any European downsized car/engine.
I just feel something like I have a last chance to experience the raw old-school V8 power... like Hemi & M/T, basically to enjoy the sound, power (occasionally) and the feel of lazy big V8 when cruising calmly for the rest of the time.

Reactions: Octane and Dodgeguy

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think I heard it was a twin turbo straight 6

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
If I am not mistaken there is V6 of about 2.9 L, capable of up to 500 HP with maybe twin turbo... some Maserati cars already use such powerplant now

·
Registered
622 Posts
From what I had read pre Stellantis that the next generation Challenger will be based off of a modified version of the Alfa Romeo Giorgio platform which is used on the Stelvio and Giulia. This makes sense since it would be a sportier trimmer vehicle more in line with the original 70-74 E-Body and dare I say the current Mustang.
The new 2022 Grand Cherokee, not the L is based on a reworked version of it.
I myself would like to see the challenger Stay exactly the way it is with no foreign technology or crazy body lines. So many people seem to be infatuated with making the few American cars we have left on our roads look like something from another country it makes me mad as hell ! Look at the new corvette, give me a break it looks like nothing other than a foreign exotic to me, not American looking at all if I want a Ferrari or any other exotic car I’ll buy one !
What I would like to see is a new 2 door charger made that would be great, JMO.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Imo a hemi may be outran by a 6cyl. domestic/foreign engine car.But the hemi will always look better making the run.I've never cared for anything but american muscle.Win or lose is what I do anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts