Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and watching the coverage about the improvements in the 2015 Challenger line, I know you need to make the new model sound better the model it is replacing, but 'Come on!' some of the coverage makes the 08-14's sound down right horrible!

I love my '14 SXT and it's interior, exterior, handling, power, sound, fuel mileage, etc!!!

Honestly I like the 08-14 body style better, to me it looks meaner.

Rant over.

brian

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I agree 100%. I didn't wait for the 15 because of the 8 speed transmission with its electonic shifter. This has been a complaint from every reviewer. I test drove it in the Charger and it is very strange . The stick is basically a switch. Glad I purchased mine now and took advantage of the great deals.
Over 6k off the sticker, not to bad.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I believe the 2015 challenger 8 spd shifter is supposed to be different than the current ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm kind of stuck in between. I like the '15 Interior + Transmission. But I like the 08-14 exterior. I'm still happy with my 2013 however and have no plans for trade.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I believe the 2015 challenger 8 spd shifter is supposed to be different than the current ones.
The 2015's still uses the e-Shift automatic transmission gear selector.
They did change the handle, but it's still just a selector switch. Not a fan of that setup.
The big question is the Hemi with the 8 speed Auto. Will it use the MDS system.
The 8 speed should give at least the same mileage as the 5 speed with MDS.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have no intention or desire to get a '15. I really like the interior of my '14 SRT8 Core. Plus I am close to paying it off, so why would I want to get into another car payment. LOL

Side note, the only way I would get into an '15 is if I hit the Powerball and it would have to be the Hellcat.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spend a $1 a week on my state lottery just for that reason, it has better odds than Powerball!

·
Business
21,292 Posts
I'm the same, not a big fan of the new front or rear changes. If I was to trade in it would have to be low mileage pre 2015 model.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think I read an article somewhere that the hemis with auto would still have mds. I like the interior on the 15s, but my interior is fine for me personally. Then again, I bought a challenger because of the motor and 6 speed, not for a pretty interior. I am in love with those 15' tailights though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

...and my eyes tell me that the interior on my '14 RT Classic is perfect. I love the layout, I love the look. I was so happy the first time I sat in one of these years ago when I was first formulating my long term plan to buy the thing, and the AC was controlled by simple and clean knobs, the radio configuration made sense, the shifter for the 6 speed felt nice, the seats looked good, the vents even look perfect to me.

I look at the 15 interior re-design and I really like the look of the tach and speedo themselves...like the black circles and lettering, not the actual dash housing around it. I look at the 15 and it isn't my cup of tea in the inside. My dad really likes it, but to me it looks less like a modern-retro mix and more like something else which I'm not sure I can describe.

I think the exterior looks great. I like my model better, but I like them both. I think the two panels on the front grill, the headlamp changes, and the tail light split all look pretty sharp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just traded my 13 SXT for a 14 RT 6 speed, could have waited for a 15...... But I like these better for now. Who knows what I will like next year.. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts