Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
God, Country, and Fast Boats!
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! been on the forum for a while and im waiting for an arbitration award from my job to purchase my 2013 or 2014 srt challenger! sucks to wait, but glad this winter is over! and I know the waiting will pay off! one quick question? do most owners get better deals when they travel to other dealers? I live in ny and just by looking at cars.com I see better prices in Penn and further south? whats your opinion on this?:4-dontknow:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
My last three vehicles have come from Maryland and I live just South of Winchester, VA. I drove 104 miles one way for my Magnum. 122 miles one way for my Ram and 139 miles one way for my Challenger. All were found on cars.com. I can't seem to geta good deal around where I live.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I don't know if other dealers will offer you better prices, but letting your local Dodge dealer know that you're willing to travel to get the best deal will move a hot iron under his hindquarters to keep your business in the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Do your homework and research what you want. Are you ordering or will you buy off the lot? If you buy off the lot, you may get a better deal because new inventory needs to move. You can go to cars.com and do a 100 mile search. Find 2 or 3 Challengers with the options you want and get bargaining! You'll be amazed how good of a deal you will get when you pit a few dealerships against each other!

If you're ordering....still check out a few other dealerships...do the same thing. Give them your list of options and see who comes out on top.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Yes, shop around. You will find some dealers willing to bargain more than others and you may get a better deal outside NY.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I live in MS, found the best price and purchased in Arkansas. So yea, I'm willing to travel, but only so far. And I agree with John (HemiMetal) about stopping at your local dealer (if they have one you want) and let them know you have no qualms about traveling out of state to find your perfect car. Good luck on your purchase, let us know how it turns out! :smileup:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Find the best deal you can, print it out and take it to your dealer and tell him to beat the price if he wants to make a deal.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i've had really good luck finding great deals online using sites like autotrader and car soup... you can pretty much name your price and find it... spend a few days shopping around and you will find what you are looking for... you may have to travel a few miles but it's worth it if you save a few thousand...

·
Registered
548 Posts
My car was purchased from a Albany NY Dodge Dealer who listed it on e bay. The listing expired so I contacted them with a lower "buy it now" offer and it was a done deal. The dealer had a 100% ebay seller rating.

The previous owner traded it after 4 months and 1200 mi.

Local VA dealers insisted that I would never find a preowned Yellow Jacket in my price range. Never say never.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i found my 2010 r/t classic b5 in north carolina-was listed on ebay, only had 6600 miles,bought it just from pictures listed on ebay, flew out there from chicago and drover her back,got a great deal

·
Registered
548 Posts
i found my 2010 r/t classic b5 in north carolina-was listed on ebay, only had 6600 miles,bought it just from pictures listed on ebay, flew out there from chicago and drover her back,got a great deal
The N.Y. ebay Dodge dealer called the following week to ask if I was 100% satisfied with my purchase and I was.

Since the original auction expired they asked if I would leave positive feedback, if they re-listed the car with me immediately accepting the buy it now price. I was more than happy to do that.

Ebay dealers truly value their rating.

We purchased several used cars from local dealers and there was no contact after the sale. No phone call, no e mail...crickets.:4-dontknow:

·
Banned
149 Posts
Lots of good info here for prospective buyers.

To add to the info for the Mid-atlantic Northeast Corridor.... It seems that Central Maryland seems to be the sweet spot for prices and deals. The further north you go, it seems the dealers want to tack on a premium price for Challengers, no matter which model you are looking for. Further south, like in Virginia, they still send vehicles out as Demos, and claim they are NEW cars but yet they have 100's or 1000's of miles on them because they were not registered or titled. Be very wary of that imo.

One of the things to look for is whether or not a dealer is considered a VOLUME dealership. Within 40 miles of where I live there are at least 25 Dealerships who sell Dodge products. Some claim to give you the best price.... while the true volume dealer will beat the prices of other competitors. It is very difficult to get things in writing and you have to be willing to stretch the truth a little.. IE: if they give you 500 off, it is automatically 1500 off at another dealer. Also, do not be afraid to ask for other incentives, such as a Mopar cold air intake, Front strut bracer, or other things which you might want to get. They will roll it into the deal for the car just to make the sale.

Something else to consider, the last week of the month, of the year, or the quarter.... is a good time to buy. Additionally, if you see a car you like or want, see how many months they have had it on the lot. The longer it sits, the better your chances are to get a deal.

The above has worked for me with several purchases over the past couple years, and I am thinking of trying to do it one more time and try to score a 392 Challenger.... the hard part for me is getting my wife on board with this... I am at the go ahead buy it and you will be looking for a new place to live stage..... I figure another 4-6 months and I will have her worn down enough for her to say fine go ahead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts