Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you for the new welcome messages, appreciate it....
I do have a question...it’s possible to absolutely love, love your ride?
At first I was questioning myself.....what type gas should I put in her 87 or 89 octane.
Then oil? ...and yes I read the manual..
So I’m glad I joined this forum all the info is so very helpful.
You guys and gals are awesome.. I’m sure I’ll have more questions once I open her up.
I’m coming off of a 08 SXT magnum, well she’s semi retired.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,858 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Reactions: screaminduce1550

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,625 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... 89 is recommended for the 5.7 Hemi. If you are planning on keeping the car I would use Pennzoil 5W-20 Platinum and the White SRT filter.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Welcome. WVHemis gave some good advice; I believe 89 is recommended for your car. As far as oil, there are many good brands out there. Usually, I have the oil changed at my dealership so I'm assuming they are putting in the correct oil. Once, I didn't want to wait for an appointment and I had Mobile1 put in. My mechanic buddy recommended it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... 89 is recommended for the 5.7 Hemi. If you are planning on keeping the car I would use Pennzoil 5W-20 Platinum and the White SRT filter.
Great info. Thank you very much. Keeping her....hell ya’. I just filled her up (1st time) I filled her up with the 89 octane.. is there a big difference between the white SRT filter verses the black Mopar filter.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi from Wet and soggy New Jersey....
I just want to thank everyone for all the welcoming hello’s.....

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Pennsylvania! Enjoy the Site!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts