Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2016 5.7 Challenger R/T and have loved it. I wanted the car to be louder so I had a mid muffler delete and resonator delete (which I love the sound of). Yet quickly after, I noticed a higher-pitched metallic rattle noise coming from the back of my challenger (mostly back right) everytime I hit around 2k rpms. I assumed it was because of the stronger vibrations coming from the exhaust but didn’t know where from. I’ve taken it to a mechanic but they didn’t care much and thought it wasn’t a big enough deal for the trouble. So I’ve looked on many forums, and figured maybe it was the exhaust hitting something or maybe the heat shield. Took it back to the shop where I got the delete and they said the exhaust wasn’t hitting anything. I figured it wasn’t since it didn’t rattle in neutral, only in motion. I found that it might be the active exhaust which is causing a rattle. Everyone said to remove fuse 36 (which operates the exhaust valve) but when I went to take it off, it was not there. So now I don’t know if this whole time I’ve had active exhaust off, or if they took off the fuse when I got the delete, or if maybe I’m a noob and im missing something. Regardless, if the exhaust valve is off then shouldn’t the rattle be gone? so now I’m completely lost on what it could be. Any possible solutions y’all might have? I’m willing to try anything at this point to get rid of the annoying rattle.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,958 Posts
check your drive shaft center bearing /rubber mount

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Active exhaust did not start until 2017 so you don't have that.
Just to be sure and safe check what mike t suggested and rule that out as a possibility.

Reactions: HenryTorr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Active exhaust did not start until 2017 so you don't have that.
Just to be sure and safe check what mike t suggested and rule that out as a possibility.
Good to know, that makes sense. I will go ahead and check what Mike T said later and will get back to y’all on that! Hopefully I can find the rattling in there.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,878 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a 2016 5.7 Challenger R/T and have loved it. I wanted the car to be louder so I had a mid muffler delete and resonator delete (which I love the sound of). Yet quickly after, I noticed a higher-pitched metallic rattle noise coming from the back of my challenger (mostly back right) everytime I hit around 2k rpms. I assumed it was because of the stronger vibrations coming from the exhaust but didn’t know where from. I’ve taken it to a mechanic but they didn’t care much and thought it wasn’t a big enough deal for the trouble. So I’ve looked on many forums, and figured maybe it was the exhaust hitting something or maybe the heat shield. Took it back to the shop where I got the delete and they said the exhaust wasn’t hitting anything. I figured it wasn’t since it didn’t rattle in neutral, only in motion. I found that it might be the active exhaust which is causing a rattle. Everyone said to remove fuse 36 (which operates the exhaust valve) but when I went to take it off, it was not there. So now I don’t know if this whole time I’ve had active exhaust off, or if they took off the fuse when I got the delete, or if maybe I’m a noob and im missing something. Regardless, if the exhaust valve is off then shouldn’t the rattle be gone? so now I’m completely lost on what it could be. Any possible solutions y’all might have? I’m willing to try anything at this point to get rid of the annoying rattle.
You probably don't have active exhaust. Wasn't standard on the R/T in '16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts