Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to find a black replacement lug nut and lock to replace the oem lugs. I have tried 2 different Gorilla lugs (GOR-66148BDX & GOR-61148BCH) and like the quality but they are too long for my taste and stick out more than the oem lugs. Just looking for a nice bulge black lug set with the same length as oem. Thanks in advance for any recommendation.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Attachments

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,972 Posts
Have you checked with the guys at Speedlogix or AutoAnything?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I purchased the set on the left from Speedlogix and the one on the right from Steve White. For OEM replacement i was just expecting same dimensions. Haven't contacted them. As you can see in the pic, there just longer than the oem. I believe i read somewhere that the 11's + had a slightly shorter lug nut?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here are the Gorilla lugs on the stock 18s. They do protrude more, but I think they look great like this. Some folks think it's a bit too "war machine" but even if I didn't like the look (which I do), these lugs are so much higher quality than the factory junk ones.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Wow. Those are some shallow lug holes. I have the black gorilla locking lugs on mine ad I almost have to use the socket to start them because my fingers don't fit. LOL.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ever thought about trying Summit?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
I plan on replacing my OEM lug nuts when my warranty runs out. The dealer already replaced a couple of them. They were covered under the warranty. Most forum members have advised the gorilla lug nuts as the best replacement.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
can anyone advise why these would not be compatible with an oem blacktop wheel. Says "excludes factory wheel, aftermarket only".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141110485297#vi-ilComp
I researched a little bit quickly and other ebay sites for this company specifically state that they are strictly for aftermarket only. FAQ's were all about OEM wheels and they said no to all three questions about it. Aftermarket only. Look up Gorilla locking lugs. That's what i went with. All 20 of my lugs are locking lugs. Very happy with them. And whatever you do, dont let a tire guy use a gun on your OEM lugs. It will F them up and make it very hard to get them off. I had to pound the socket onto two of mine when i changed them out. No air tools on mine from now on, aftermarket or not.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I ordered set of 4 Gorilla lug nuts, and 1 locking set from Speedlogix, and they fit perfectly. Maybe 2014 wheels are different?

·
Registered
35 Posts
So if you go gorilla, the right size is 71643NBC.

Amazon wants a little over $55: Linky

I guess the correct length is 1.4" or are the stock bolts a hair shorter? 1.37"?

Guess I need a torque wrench too, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts