Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to this forum, i would like your help on something, i have a 2019 challenger scatpack widebody, and im thinking of putting the front and rear mopar strut tower brace or maybe just the front, i would like to know if it will make a difference since i have the widebody scat with adjustable suspension, larger sway bars and wider tires?

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,640 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Illinois!.....The front and rear strut tower braces help eliminate body roll (lean). Taking the expressway off ramp a little too fast and feeling your car leaning to the left, is a perfect example. With the strut tower braces, the body roll is almost completely eliminated. I have both braces (MOPAR) on mine and it's planted like a go-cart in cornering. JMO:...They'll enhance your already excellent suspension. ....Almost forgot, Congrats on your new WB Scat Pack! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and Welcome from Illinois!.....The front and rear strut tower braces help eliminate body roll (lean). Taking the expressway off ramp a little too fast and feeling your car leaning to the left, is a perfect example. With the strut tower braces, the body roll is almost completely eliminated. I have both braces (MOPAR) on mine and it's planted like a go-cart in cornering. JMO:...They'll enhance your already excellent suspension. ....Almost forgot, Congrats on you new WB Scat Pack! ;)
Thanks for the info, 1.does the mopar rear strut take a lot of cargo space? 2. are the seats still able to fold down with it on? 3. Would you recommend getting both or just the front strut brace?

·
8,640 Posts
Yes, the MOPAR rear strut brace takes up a bit of the trunk, but you can still fold down the rear seats. There are quite a few members that went with an aftermarket set-up that doesn't eat up trunk space and works just as well as the MOPAR set-up (and less $$). I'm sure one of them will chime in and possibly post photos. To your last question, Yes I would get both front and rear to equally stabilize the entire body.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,003 Posts
Yes, the MOPAR rear strut brace takes up a bit of the trunk, but you can still fold down the rear seats. There are quite a few members that went with an aftermarket set-up that doesn't eat up trunk space and works just as well as the MOPAR set-up (and less $$). I'm sure one of them will chime in and possibly post photos. To your last question, Yes I would get both front and rear to equally stabilize the entire body.
GrandPa won't steer you wrong.......no it's not a pun concerning steering and handling. If you have a front tower strut brace and none on the rear one can see that being problematic. It IMHO would make the rear end of the car break loose easier and maybe swap ends, depending on speed. Gettem both!

And welcome from NE Ohio.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okey thanks alot, but i heard the mopar rear strut you can remove the bar if you ever need more space. Is that true? If it is i think ill go with mopar instead

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GrandPa won't steer you wrong.......no it's not a pun concerning steering and handling. If you have a front tower strut brace and none on the rear one can see that being problematic. It IMHO would make the rear end of the car break loose easier and maybe swap ends, depending on speed. Gettem both!

And welcome from NE Ohio.
Thanks alot, i would def get them both now

·
8,640 Posts
Okey thanks alot, but i heard the mopar rear strut you can remove the bar if you ever need more space. Is that true? If it is i think ill go with mopar instead
No you cannot remove the bar (Unless you've got about two hours to remove the whole unit) . It is a one piece unit. The horizontal bar goes from strut to strut and there are two (one on each side) approx: 45% angle bars from the top of the strut that mount to the trunk floor just behind the rear seats. Look on e-bay, lots of photos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you cannot remove the bar (Unless you've got about two hours to remove the whole unit) . It is a one piece unit. The horizontal bar goes from strut to strut and there are two (one on each side) approx: 45% angle bars from the top of the strut that mount to the trunk floor just behind the rear seats. Look on e-bay, lots of photos.
Okey i will thanks

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hello everyone im new to this forum, i would like your help on something, i have a 2019 challenger scatpack widebody, and im thinking of putting the front and rear mopar strut tower brace or maybe just the front, i would like to know if it will make a difference since i have the widebody scat with adjustable suspension, larger sway bars and wider tires?
Congratulations on a great car. I had purchased the front and rear STBs from Petty's Garage and planned to install them. After about a month of researching this issue, I called a number I have for SRT and spoke with an engineer. We had a great chat about suspension and performance. To make a long story short, he indicated that in straight line racing (drag racing), STBs don't do a thing. When driving under normal circumstances, they make no difference. When they do help is in hard, sharp turns and when braking in these turns. He also stated that the front end alignment can be pulled out of alignment if you're braking hard in these types of turns as well. I talked with a State Trooper who was assigned as a driving instructor just a few weeks ago. The Dodge Chargers they have no STBs and think about how the Chargers handle under pursuits and responding to emergency calls. He indicated that one of the most significant improvements in handling on the police Chargers is the AWD. I'm not saying it's a waste of money, but perhaps your money could be better spent. I worked for a dealership all through high school and college. Indeed all manufacturers have accessories to sell, but many times they are just that...accessories, and not necessarily something that will make a difference. If you decide to purchase and install them, you'll notice a difference if you drive it like you stole it! These might be some ideas to consider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts