Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a Sublime Pearl Challenger with these 2020 year rims?
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

I'd appreciate some pictures of it please.

Thank you much.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,110 Posts
I'm not a black wheel fan, but here you go....

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: jeffroeson

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,656 Posts
Agree with Derecho not a fan of Black Wheels... Prefer Chrome, Aluminum , Polished, Painted Steel Wheels etc.,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not a black wheel fan, but here you go....

View attachment 288210
Yes, on an all green body the black rims are not that attractive. I have a black spoiler, black bumble stripe, black Shaker graphics and a black Shaker puts a better package together with black rims.

I'm debating on replacing my 2015 OEM rims with the 2020 ones.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,656 Posts

Black wheels don't always show up the design or details very well... Now let's use Photoshop to correct the White Balance of the Image and watch the Difference ....
This is what your eye should see but just like the Camera Settings not calibrated many people's eyes do the very same thing as for light exposure and white balance.
Since I did Professional Photography for many years prior Stroke in 2017 many times I go into Photoshop and make the same adjustments to get a better Idea of what
am I seeing or not seeing. Having a Dull or Black Wheel to me takes away from the idea of having a Kick A** Set of Custom Wheels.

Stand back 20 feet or so from your Car and Look what do you see?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with what you're saying about the rim design and details. And if one wants the best looking custom appearance, then I would go with an aftermarket set. But I'm just interested in the OEM rims from the factory.

Given the appearance of what I have today, I see all the details of the rim design and even more so with the naked eye. Drive a few miles and the gloss is covered with road residue and the appearance turns to a dark gray. Which brings out another contrast color.
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
2017 TA Green Go.
161 Posts
I think it looks great. The black wheel has been played out but I still think they have a place. I love the forged black rims on my TA. It goes well with the theme of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts