Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing my rotors and pads later this year. My car has the STP option which includes "better brakes" than a regular R/T. Does anybody know what that means exactly? I am having a heck of a time finding any literature about it online.

None of the websites I have looked at which sell replacement rotors and pads list the STP as an option when selecting my vehicle make and model. However, I don't want to accidentally by purchase the wrong parts.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would a Mod mind changing my thread title from Back to Pack, please? Thank you.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I'm thinking about changing my rotors and pads later this year. My car has the STP option which includes "better brakes" than a regular R/T.
Have the STP on my RT and can tell you that those "better brakes" are nothing special, they lasted a whole 22k miles. The gripping power of the R1 Concepts Premier Rotors and Hawk pads is simply amazing. So many folks recommended them here and they were right.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have the STP on my RT and can tell you that those "better brakes" are nothing special, they lasted a whole 22k miles. The gripping power of the R1 Concepts Premier Rotors and Hawk pads is simply amazing. So many folks recommended them here and they were right.
I have heard good things about them too.

Brand aside, are the parts the same size as the stock R/T? Same dimensions I mean? If I order rotors and pads for a standard R/T, they will fit on with no issues?

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I have heard good things about them too.

Brand aside, are the parts the same size as the stock R/T? Same dimensions I mean? If I order rotors and pads for a standard R/T, they will fit on with no issues?
No issues, the calipers are the same size across the board, until you get to the SRT.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would have spent the extra dollars and got the Baer kit instead.

Reactions: Lyle

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No issues, the calipers are the same size across the board, until you get to the SRT.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would have spent the extra dollars and got the Baer kit instead.
Thanks for the info!

Which Baer kit? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My 2011 RTC that was the first MOD I did, R1 Concepts pads and rotors all around and when I traded in the car they were still great. I get all my brakes from R1 since 2007 on my 2003 Yukon XL. Just call them up and have your VIN and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
I'm thinking about changing my rotors and pads later this year. My car has the STP option which includes "better brakes" than a regular R/T. Does anybody know what that means exactly? I am having a heck of a time finding any literature about it online.

None of the websites I have looked at which sell replacement rotors and pads list the STP as an option when selecting my vehicle make and model. However, I don't want to accidentally by purchase the wrong parts.
The brake linings (pads) are 'performance' pads with STP. Rotors and calipers are the same as a non STP R/T.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did a track day at NCM 2 weeks ago using the 4 piston Brembos and drilled rotors from Power Stop with their X23 or X24 pads with Castrol SRF in the reservoir and never had any brake issues. I did hit 130 down the front stretch before clamping them down and making the 1 and 1A turns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts