Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Some folks were interested in my supercharged build, so I'm posting this thread to document it. First up: here are the dyno results.

Some notes:
• It was a 4th gear pull, so not the 1:1 gear. My tuner was concerned about the pull time for 5th/6th, so used 4th and estimated that a higher gear pull would yield around 30hp more. I have no way to verify this, it's just what he said. According to him, the RIPP video is likely a 5th gear pull.
• I asked for a moderate tune, so it may be possible to squeeze more power out of this setup. It is tuned for high octane fuel, however.
• Some of you might be disappointed that these numbers are lower than what RIPP showed, but I actually wanted to keep the torque around 330lb/ft, since that's what the transmission in the GT is rated for. The transfer case is an unknown (Borg Warner doesn't publish specs that I can find), but I'm assuming the torque converter is rated similarly.
• Interestingly, you can see the car in bone stock form, RIPP's supplied tune, and the final tune. My tuner mentioned that RIPPs tune was wide open in a lot of the map, so that fuel efficiency gains were unlikely. The tune I'm running provides excellent response, and really substantial mpg gains when off the throttle.
• The car was dyno'd before the exhaust was swapped, so the car might be making a few more HP now.

Things are very busy for me right now, but I'll post pics and driving impressions later if people are still interested. If anyone leaves questions below, I'll aim to get to them as I can.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So basically 60 hp and torque at the wheels vs stock?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@2010swse, that's a final total of +121whp, +94lb/ft (vs. bone stock). My installer's custom tune yielded an additional 53whp / 33lb/ft vs. the supplied RIPP tune (with supercharger installed in both cases).

Light blue traces: stock
Dark blue traces: RIPP tune with supercharger
Red traces: custom tune with supercharger

·
Registered
418 Posts
My bad, yeah the middle number is the high number, very impressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Some folks were interested in my supercharged build, so I'm posting this thread to document it. First up: here are the dyno results.

Some notes: I’m here in St. Louis got the RIPP,need tune,maybe you can refer me to your runner since he’s familiar with RIPP, hit me back
• It was a 4th gear pull, so not the 1:1 gear. My tuner was concerned about the pull time for 5th/6th, so used 4th and estimated that a higher gear pull would yield around 30hp more. I have no way to verify this, it's just what he said. According to him, the RIPP video is likely a 5th gear pull.
• I asked for a moderate tune, so it may be possible to squeeze more power out of this setup. It is tuned for high octane fuel, however.
• Some of you might be disappointed that these numbers are lower than what RIPP showed, but I actually wanted to keep the torque around 330lb/ft, since that's what the transmission in the GT is rated for. The transfer case is an unknown (Borg Warner doesn't publish specs that I can find), but I'm assuming the torque converter is rated similarly.
• Interestingly, you can see the car in bone stock form, RIPP's supplied tune, and the final tune. My tuner mentioned that RIPPs tune was wide open in a lot of the map, so that fuel efficiency gains were unlikely. The tune I'm running provides excellent response, and really substantial mpg gains when off the throttle.
• The car was dyno'd before the exhaust was swapped, so the car might be making a few more HP now.

Things are very busy for me right now, but I'll post pics and driving impressions later if people are still interested. If anyone leaves questions below, I'll aim to get to them as I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Some notes:

Nice job on the gains,is a different car ! Did you get the heritage edition?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger GT 4WD Plus Package, Leather, BlackTop,Nav, SunRoof, SuperTrac.
35 Posts
And HOW did you take care of the limiter? I think the car is limited to 125mph. How did you get rid of this? And how fast does the car go with your supercharger now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts