Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered I searched for a while and couldn't find anything. I finally have the money to supercharge my R/T. I definitely know I'd rather go this route than upgrading to the current SRT model, however, with the looming release of the hellcat, and possibly a new platform, I'm a little torn. I know I'll be happy with the power boost, but if the new model comes out and I decide I really gotta have one, how much do you actually get on a private sale of a supercharged R/T over blue book value? should I save the 5k for a year and see what happens for a potential down payment, or should I leap and hope I can squeeze at least 2500 more or so when I sell it to upgrade? thoughts appreciated

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
keep saving and see where this hellcat things goes. if you must have it you'll have more money for a down payment. if ylou decide its not worth the money put the supercharger in your RT and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm figuring. If dodge actually releases the thing on time, I'd still give it close to a year before it's even out in great enough numbers to buy. Add to that over-inflated prices due to high demand and you're looking at 2 years minimum before owning one is even a real possibility.

·
Registered
313 Posts
No need to wait - check out this link for a really tricked out SRT8

http://www.gerrywooddodge.com/new/D...sbury-nc-afbdf6a10a0a0002007f8bafdee069fc.htm

over 600 HP to the rear wheels, 12Lb S/C with forged bottom end 392.

yours for $6oK
this is actually a pretty sweet deal, if you're not interested in the SRT amenities. a forged SC's by Arrington 392 WITH a warranty, that clearly stated in the add for under $60k! You could not do better by doing it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts