Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the supercharged 5.7, 6.1, and 6.4. Who have you killed? Who is still killing you? If you could in the following format.

1. 5.7, 6.1, or 6.4
2. Type of supercharger and Lbs.
3. Forged?
4. Dyno numbers if available.

Your story.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys, I know there are several supercharged cars on this forum. I live vicariously through my friend, Bullish. Some of you may know him, its hard not too. His car, III92 Beast is beyond simple mods or a supercharger. He has won trophies with his car for the mods he has done.

The car is one of a kind 2012 392 Charger SRT

Magnuson
8lbs
Forged pistons
551 Horse at the rears

He just got it done in the last few months. He has this newer GT give him some issues in the pass so after the mods he had to wipe the floor with him. Riding in his car when he punched it I cracked a rib on the side bolster from getting slammed back in the seat. Once you mod to this level your in super car territory. Bullish's car is so sick he is in a league of his own.

Come on spill the beans!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
climberccm, that thing is a beast just on 5lbs. Still should be pretty driveable. That dyno must of taken a beating. It looks like from the onset your tires were slippin on the rollers with all that torque.

Any good stories since you've added the new found power?

·
12,990 Posts
I just recently had my supercharger installed, I dont street race and I haven't been to the track yet due to the bad weather, I'll be posting when I finally get there.

5.7 L
MAGNUSON 8 LBS BOOST
500 RWHP
495 LBS TQE

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With so much power comes responsibility... Although you never bit down on anyone? Maybe it is too soon, but give it time and a couple of tail wags and you will be putting the hurt on some unsuspecting victim. I don't know how responsible I can be with 550+ at the rear. I already have a few vanity plates in mind.

BCAR4L= be careful

URNEX= you are next

NXVITM= next victim

BWARND= Be warned

·
Registered
182 Posts
1. 5.7L or 345
2. Magnuson Supercharger 3.2"pulley
3. Stock Bottom End
4. 541HP & 516TQ

Installed myself a Supercharger, 392 Cam, Meth Injection, and much more to make a very fun street Machine. Taking to the track soon and shooting for 11.5 or better. Have not had a 5.0 come close since mods, actually had a couple pull over and want to know how an R/T just waxed them. LOL

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
1. 6.4
2.Pro Charger 7 PSI
3.Not yet forged, next winter
4. 610HP crank, 520 RWHP tuned back a little to spare the pistons from breaking.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. 5.7L or 345
2. Magnuson Supercharger 3.2"pulley
3. Stock Bottom End
4. 541HP & 516TQ

Installed myself a Supercharger, 392 Cam, Meth Injection, and much more to make a very fun street Machine. Taking to the track soon and shooting for 11.5 or better. Have not had a 5.0 come close since mods, actually had a couple pull over and want to know how an R/T just waxed them. LOL
Now that is what Im talking about!! You must be pushing 10-12lbs, impressive.
:SHOCKED:

I believe 11's are in your future. You should be going after bigger game. Im sure you can scare off a few Vettes and a few Shelby's.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
climberccm, that thing is a beast just on 5lbs. Still should be pretty driveable. That dyno must of taken a beating. It looks like from the onset your tires were slippin on the rollers with all that torque.

Any good stories since you've added the new found power?
Don't really race just wanted a cruiser with more power than the 6.1 provided. The car is very driveable but you have to respect it. It doesn't take a lot to break the tires loose. Ultimately I want to get to 650 RWHP and 600 RWTQ.

Will probaly increase boost to a full 8lbs but need to upgrade the transmission first. The corkscrews in the dyno sheet indicate the torque convertor is not locking up. Need to really upgrade transmission to handle the increase in power. At the current power levels I am over what the transmission can really handle.

Once the mods are done I will take it to the track just to see what she can do. My brother the "LEO", wants to race at ATCO. He has a modified 1988 5.0 Mustang he has rebuilt. He puts out close to 350 to the wheels. I should give him a good "whuppin" but you never know.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Now that is what Im talking about!! You must be pushing 10-12lbs, impressive.
:SHOCKED:

I believe 11's are in your future. You should be going after bigger game. Im sure you can scare off a few Vettes and a few Shelby's.
3.2 pulley is 8 psi

·
Registered
37 Posts
5.7 stock bottom end 3.1 pulley which is 9psi and meth currently being email tune by ost . 11.7 @ 118

·
Registered
42 Posts
vortech

2009 Challenger R/T Classic
5.7 liter
votech supercharger
6 psi
470 at rear wheels
Ran 12.2 E-Town with drag radial at Big 3 shootout in April 2013
Spinning tires out of the hole

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stock 5.0 mustangs shouldn't touch our even stock r/t's. What's all the talk about competing with 5.0's but having to have mods?

·
801 RWHP
8,517 Posts
I like my car too much to risk losing it street racing. But I, like Alan, just had her installed. Will be getting her to the track soon.

2.8L Kenne Bell
8Lbs boost
20140606_211231.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Stock 5.0 mustangs shouldn't touch our even stock r/t's. What's all the talk about competing with 5.0's but having to have mods?
The 5.0 is more comparable to a 392. Stock 5.0s can run mid to high 12's. R/T's can run low to mid 13's which is only a bit faster than the V6 Mustang.

·
12,990 Posts
The 5.0 is more comparable to a 392. Stock 5.0s can run mid to high 12's. R/T's can run low to mid 13's which is only a bit faster than the V6 Mustang.

A mildly Modded R/T especially the autos with no more than a few simple bolt ons can run easily into the 12's with a decent DA and really give the 5.0 hell.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts