Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I now officially have the supercharger bug! I am looking to purchase a supercharger i.e.(Arrington 8lbs,Maganacharger) for my 2010 R/T. My main question is the car has 50,000 miles on it currently, am it playing with fire here trying to install a blower. The car has been maintained meticulously with oil changes and other general maintenance. The car has not been ran hard or anything short of a little goofing off. I will have it installed at a professional shop as to I do not have the experience and facilities to complete the install. It has me kinda nervous to put the added strain on the motor with the miles it already has. I could be crazy as to this but I would like to hear your opinions on this before I go and flop down the money and time to do this only to have something catastrophic happen to my baby, lol.

As always thanks in advance for your help

·
12,990 Posts
I asked my self the same question when I had mine installed at almost 32000 miles, I think if I were in your shoes I would call Arrington or HHP and ask them that question.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Let's put it a different way. You buy the the new and put a s/c on it at 5 miles. Now the car has 50,000 miles on it. Would you say the car is spent? I didn't think so. Put it on and enjoy. If you want it super safe put the 6 psi kit on. If your gonna plan on a rebuild then up the boost

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I think I will shoot some emails out just for reassurance but I am leaning towards pulling the trigger. I look at it this way if something happens I can use it as an excuse to rebuild it hotter! Thanks again!

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
I just dropped mine off on Fri. and she has 38,000 on her. Im looking at it this way. I just finished breaking her in to accept the power I am bestowing on her. LOL. Now......bring me that finish line.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I'm guessing that if your 5.7 was well maintained and not abused that the internals are still in great shape, so I doubt that bolting on a super charger would be a problem. As long as you don't go overboard on the boost you should be ok, but if you are going to purchase from Arringtons don't hesitate to ask them all these questions. Those guys have done a lot of builds so you might as well draw from their experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts