Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need your help. In a moment of financial weakness, I traded in my beloved 2013 Challenger R/T. I had a few other good reasons (mpg, winter frustrations) but 75 days later I have regretted trading it every day. I've never had so much fun in a car, every single time I drove it. I may have even been a little too obsessed.

Long term, I have to remind myself it will be a positive move. I am going to learn to drive a manual and I would like to get a top shelf SRT for my next toy. So I know I will be having fun, eventually...

With both our family cars in leases, I can't do anything until January 2016. In the interim, we will be saving our pennies. I just need your help to cope with my regretful mistake.

My lesson to all: don't sell your baby until you absolutely, positively have to.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Visit the Z as often as you need to get your Challenger fix until you buy again! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
That's a tough one....trying to be practical is always hard...especially when it comes down to trading in your Challenger. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. We'll be here anytime you want to visit. Just keep in mind that your dream isn't over.....it's just on pause!:smileup:

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
maybe if you can swing it...rent one every now and then just to get a blast of Challenger adrenaline

·
Registered
917 Posts
From the sounds of the 2015 refreshening you will really like the 2015 and beyond Challenger.

Hang in there.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I would rather eat beans and rice than to give away my ride!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I am excited to see what is in store for the 2015 Mopar muscle. My desktop wallpaper is, of course, a Challenger. Not sure if that's masochism or not :) thanks everybody.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
You got rid of your Challenger? FOOL, IDIOT, MORON! Did make you feel better?

Good luck and you might be able to pick up used ones at a little better price when its time to buy again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just go around to your local dealerships and go for a periodic test drive. That way you'll always be looking ahead. The anticipation is always better then the acquistion.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I feel your pain. I was forced by both financial and health reasons to sell mine last fall. It was still in great shape and I got a good price for it but I'm still really jonesing for it. I never thought I would sell but life's b.s. and the gods of bad luck had other plans for me. :sad:At least you have a light at the end of the tunnel, here's hoping you are able to get another one.

Not feelin' the Grin anymore, not driving an 11 year old Corolla that's fer sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Challengers in Ottawa

Hey Dave, My sister, who lives in Rockland, was down visiting a month ago, she wouldn't stay out of my Challenger the whole time she was here. Are there many around Ottawa? She said she hasn't seen hardly any at all.:4-dontknow:
Man, sorry you have to do a carolla, but that isn't as depressing as driving in damn salt all winter! I DO NOT miss it.:shakehead:

Brent

I feel your pain. I was forced by both financial and health reasons to sell mine last fall. It was still in great shape and I got a good price for it but I'm still really jonesing for it. I never thought I would sell but life's b.s. and the gods of bad luck had other plans for me. :sad:At least you have a light at the end of the tunnel, here's hoping you are able to get another one.

Not feelin' the Grin anymore, not driving an 11 year old Corolla that's fer sure.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You got rid of your Challenger? FOOL, IDIOT, MORON! Did make you feel better?

Good luck and you might be able to pick up used ones at a little better price when its time to buy again.
I faced a similar challenge and looking back the feelings and pressures were real on both sides. So I offer this thought that would have made the choice easier had someone mentioned it. I never considered how good it would feel when the bank sends you the title, and the real surprise was I found a newness to the love I had for my dream car. I literally fell in love with it again. Recently I was parked in front of the dealership waiting while my wife took a test drive in a new Dart and the Salesmen were walking around my car almost inspecting it. All 4 had comments but the best was "It looks like it just came off the showroom floor." "it's the prettiest one we have ever had and you still have the dealership name on the spoiler, you can park here all day if you like." That comment was from one of the partners that own the dealership.

I feel like a proud Papa. :wow::smileup:

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
It sounds like you got a plan, good luck and I hope you eventually get back into another Challenger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts