Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I need your help.

I'd like to change my '13 RT's suspension. My first thought was to install lowering springs, but then I heard about the self-leveling suspension and the problems associated with just springs, so I decided to swap out the whole gig, but with what???

My goals are to noticeably lower the car and improve handling, but not sacrifice TOO much ride comfort.

Help ... please!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I have the whole Hotchkis TVS setup in mine and I love it.. I have also installed the same setup in another members Challenger, he too loves it.. There is no issues with just running springs, I have installed every setup on these cars.. If you want Coilovers I recommend BC.. I installed them in my buddies SRT8 Charger..

·
Registered
614 Posts
I also have a 2013 R\T and opted for the Eibach Pro kit (springs and dampers). I did not want the car "slammed" like back in day when we used to do that to our mini trucks.....:D

The ride is stiff, but not what I would call harsh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

MarchAFB, thanks for the photos. I've been hoping to see an RT with the Eibach pro kit. It sits nicely! The car looks beautiful!

BBChallyRT, thanks as well. I'm trying to decide between Hotchkis and Eibach, so you guys are right on track!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks guys!

MarchAFB, thanks for the photos. I've been hoping to see an RT with the Eibach pro kit. It sits nicely! The car looks beautiful!
Thank you sir and good luck with your selection. Post up some pics when you get her done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do. She looks a lot like yours, except with red strips and red seats. I like those caliper covers ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That car is gorgeous. I like everything you've listed to have done on it. Obviously, as black Challenger RT owners, the three of us have proven to have tremendous taste!

How much lower does your RT sit with the Hotchkis springs? Also, do you find a noticeable benefit from the strut tower brace?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
That car is gorgeous. I like everything you've listed to have done on it. Obviously, as black Challenger RT owners, the three of us have proven to have tremendous taste!

How much lower does your RT sit with the Hotchkis springs? Also, do you find a noticeable benefit from the strut tower brace?
Thanks! It dropped 2" up front and just shy of 2" out back.. I will definitely say I noticed a difference with the Strut Tower Brace, the steering just feels more precise..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts