Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read, scats that don't have Adaptive Suspension respond quite harshly to bumps.

Is it possible to put on a softer suspension, like on the SXT? I ask because I can find scats for as cheap as 26k, but with dynamics package, that jumps to 40k!

· Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
5,128 Posts
Air ride suspension may be an option.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have no idea which model years you're talking about, but I doubt you'll find a huge difference in used prices on Scats with and without the Adaptive Suspension. I do think it is well worth the cost- my 22 with Adaptive/Dynamics, despite the short sidewalls, feels very solid and smoother than my daily driver AWD 2015 300.

If you find one you must have w/o the Adaptive Suspension, try a smaller wheel like the earlier 18" wheels- the added sidewall height AND the right tire can make a big difference.

I can't say it will help, but I always thought a coilover would allow one to bias a suspension for greater comfort. I had considered it for a Foxbody I have, but then I bought a 2005 and got distracted by that😂.

I suspect watching and waiting for a Scat with Adaptive will be your best bet, results and money wise, and a wheel/tire swap your next best payoff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts