Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sweden (Bjorn) arrived in Los Angeles this week for a visit with family. I had invited Bjorn to give me a call after he arrived so we could meet up for a round of beers and maybe hit a car show. After speaking with him today, we agreed it would be a cool idea to extend the invitation to all Z members in the SoCal area to join us.

While the details still need to be refined, the broad strokes are as follows. We'll informally meet up at the Cruisin' Grand car show in Escondido next Friday evening, August 29. The event starts at 5:00 PM, but it's best to arrive a little sooner to get better parking. In the past I have parked at the the Wells Fargo bank at the corner of N. Orange St. and W. Valley Pkwy (across the street from Regal Cinemas, another good parking lot). I will also contact the event organizers for more parking information.

There are a number of eateries we could meet up at, even a new brewery right on Grand Avenue. From there, it will be informal and open ended. Come and go as you please.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention. Cruisin' Grand is a free event. Great way to kick off the Labor Day weekend! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
John, that is a very nice thing for you to do!! Isn't it great to make friends on the forum and meet them in person. I got to do that a few weeks ago, and you will love it!! Wish I could come and meet you and Bjorn in person! Have a great time!!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Betty. It's always fun to meet people you've met on the forum and find out they're even cooler in person. I hope we can get together a good sized group despite the short notice. In the short time Bjorn has been on the site, he's posted quite a few interesting posts and has fit in well with the Z forum. It's interesting to gain perspective on Challenger ownership outside the US and Canada.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so preliminary plans will be to meet up at the Plan 9 Alehouse located at 155 E. Grand Avenue starting at 4:00 PM this Friday. I left a reservation for 6 people, but it's pretty open-ended so if we have more people arriving we can probably add them in without a problem.

And of course this is not limited to just member forums, please feel free to bring spouses, kids, dogs, cats...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Have a great time John!!!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump. Haven't had much response on this thread, but I hope to see a few local Z members make it up. Even if you don't reply to the thread, and if you decide at the last minute to join in, just feel free to show up at the Plan 9 Alehouse (see my previous post).

If you have never been to Cruisin' Grand, it's an awesome car show and a great way to spend the evening. The theme of this Friday night's show is (sigh...I can't catch a break here...) Old Farts Racing. Live outdoor bands include Sum Bucks on Maple St., Silverback Cadillac on Kalmia St., and Del Rio on Juniper St.

Let's give Sweden a proper SoCal hotrodder's welcome!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last bump! The drinking lamp is lit and so will we be in another couple of hours! Hope any and all Z members living in the San Diego area can make it to the Plan 9 Alehouse at 4:00 PM (or a couple of hours thereafter) to welcome Sweden to the SoCal car scene. :smileup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts