Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the switch backs on their cars? I recently bought some and I'm trying to put the load equalizer on but it seems like they still don't function right. If maybe y'all could post of pic of the wires the put them on it'd help a lot! Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone installed the switch backs on their cars? I recently bought some and I'm trying to put the load equalizer on but it seems like they still don't function right. If maybe y'all could post of pic of the wires the put them on it'd help a lot! Thanks in advanced.

I purchased the switchbacks in January and installed the load equalizers per the instructions. I did notice that the lights would flicker faster than normal...then normal...then faster etc. Last week I believe the load equalizer on the drivers side is completely inoperable. I fear that I may need to purchase a four more. I have heard that you may need to install two load equalizers on each side for it work appropriately. I am curious to see if Jonathan at AAC has any information to chime in with...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the switchbacks in January and installed the load equalizers per the instructions. I did notice that the lights would flicker faster than normal...then normal...then faster etc. Last week I believe the load equalizer on the drivers side is completely inoperable. I fear that I may need to purchase a four more. I have heard that you may need to install two load equalizers on each side for it work appropriately. I am curious to see if Jonathan at AAC has any information to chime in with...
Really? Dang because I've installed them and when I turn on my headlights they won't blink nor turn white. Hopefully someone can jump in and help us out.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,602 Posts
I put them on mine and have no issues. Just make sure you have the capacitor from the ground to the signal side of the light. Not sure but is the lamp installed correctly (180 out)?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them on mine and have no issues. Just make sure you have the capacitor from the ground to the signal side of the light. Not sure but is the lamp installed correctly (180 out)?
Yeah I've done that too. I've even flipped them around just to mark sure. They just don't turn white at all. Or turn with the signal.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
It's a capacitor, not a resistor?

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Really? Dang because I've installed them and when I turn on my headlights they won't blink nor turn white. Hopefully someone can jump in and help us out.
If there are 2 hot wires, make sure the resistor is between the ground and the turn signal hot, not the parking light hot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got it guys. It's the two outside wires. Just make sure you put the resistor splices down right that's were I was messing up at.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Markrt7-
were your wire colors on the OEM harness different than what I told you mine were last week (Tuesday evening) on the other thread for the DD Switchbacks?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Markrt7-
were your wire colors on the OEM harness different than what I told you mine were last week (Tuesday evening) on the other thread for the DD Switchbacks?
No you told me the right ones. Thanks a lot! I love the way they look!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts