Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SXT might be Bent but isn't Broken!

2K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  belrix 
#1 ·
Yesterday I was waiting for a vehicle to turn left and ended up getting rear ended! There was a car stopped behind me, but the pickup truck behind them didn't stop and the SUV behind the pickup truck also didn't stop! 4 car accident with 2 separate impacts. The good news is no one was hurt in any of the vehicles.

I was pretty upset yesterday, but after talking with the body shop they assured me they will make it straight again. The shop does lots of hotrods and the owner is a Mopar fan!

Love my SXT!

brian

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
UGGHH!! So sorry to hear about this. When our babies are hurt....we hurt. Even though you'll get your car back looking good as new, it still is hard to look at those pics. Are you OK???? Your neck and back OK???

#3 ·
Thanks! and I'm fine. Luckily no air bags deployed.

I'm trying to make lemonade out of the whole situation. Thinking about having Eiback springs and sway bars installed since it will be in the shop already. Of course this depends on how the whole insurance thing turns out.

brian

#4 ·
Thanks! and I'm fine. Luckily no air bags deployed.

I'm trying to make lemonade out of the whole situation. Thinking about having Eiback springs and sway bars installed since it will be in the shop already. Of course this depends on how the whole insurance thing turns out.

brian
Glad you're OK......a drop and some sway bars sure would make this whole bad situation better!!!! Keep us posted!!

#6 ·
Yeah that would just make your day, sorry for your misfortune.

#9 ·
Quick update. Still waiting on the final police report of the accident so I can begin the repair process. I have been promised that it will happen today, again.

One a brighter note I order a Solo exhaust to be installed during the repair!!!

brian

#11 ·
Glad you are ok... good on you for making the most of the situation!

#12 ·
Let the battle begin! Four different insurance companies battling it out, it isn't going to be pretty. :(

I'm having to wait until the dust settles before I can get the SXT into the body shop for repairs

brian

#13 ·
That doesn't seem right. You were definitely not at fault. I think you could go ahead and get it fixed, your insurance company will pay for your loss, less the deductible, and when they get their stuff straightened out, your company will send you the amount of the deductible. You shouldn't have to wait!!!

#16 ·
Sorry you are having trouble with the insurance companies manning up.

I have had State Farm for a long time. In two instances my wife's car were in which were not of her fault, after contacting our agent and meeting with the adjuster, we were able to immediately start repairs on State Farms dime($100.00 deductible). We had the vehicles back within a week. State Farm then subtigated the other insurance company and got or deductible back within 2 weeks.

Some people say that State Farm is too expensive, but we have found that it and our agent makes it work for us.

#18 ·
Sorry to hear about and see that...

#19 ·
The damage doesn’t look that bad. There are crush pads under the rear bumper, those will just have to be replaced and a new rear bumper put on. It doesn’t look like any of the metal is damaged. The repair should be quick, waiting for the parts and repair to happen will take the longest.

#20 ·
Well almost two weeks after the accident and responsible parties insurance still hasn't talked with the policy holder! So even though it chaps my hide I am starting the repair under my insurance. Grrrr!

The SXT goes into the body shop Tuesday after Labor day.

brian

#22 ·
Cool beans! No matter what, your insurance was going to go after the responsible party - in this case the other driver or their insurance.....just sux you had to have repairs done to your Challenger. Glad it's working out. keep us posted on the quality of the repair and don't settle for less than PERFECT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.