Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having trouble finding the t/a hood venting system? I mean come on if it's that popular why take so long to put them out. The mopar online store says you can order it on a first come first serve basis. But no lead time. And the dodge dealer says I have ten people waiting in front of me. I will ask today about a lead time when I go get my cai and coolant resivour.

·
Registered
22 Posts
there's another thread on this basically what I have been told by different vendors is that there are none and they do not know if anymore will be made at all. It's extremely frustrating

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I saw a post here on the Z that said there has been a wait time on that part for a long time. I'll try to find it. Apparently it's something that everybody wants, and it's not getting made fast enough. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
I wonder if Shaker Hood production has anything to do with it. Meaning perhaps they come from the same manufacturer and Chrysler is prioritizing, although that's just sheer speculation on my part.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me it's just silly. Lots of people want it. Who knows how many people ordered it from the mopar online store. I went to the dealer because I had 10% off. But I mean let's get them made. Don't you want your customers to be happy and don't you want to sell more products.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wonder if Shaker Hood production has anything to do with it. Meaning perhaps they come from the same manufacturer and Chrysler is prioritizing, although that's just sheer speculation on my part.
No, they had problems keeping stock long before the shakers were announced. Before that they had problems keeping the hood, itself in stock.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, those people that think they'll be able to order a factory shaker to put on their cars are going to have a rude awakening. And, we have people complaining about aftermarket being 3-4 weeks late!!:4-dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts