Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I have seen a few picture (well, only three) of Challenger that have a T/A scoop on a stock hood. I LOVE THIS LOOK. The side vents look great with the retro 70's scoop to bring it all together. In every picture I have seen the T/A scoop looks different. Whether it expands slights on the center of the hood, or is just straight without stretching on the back.

I am getting this done, no matter what. I was going to order an original T/A scoop and bring it to a Custom Body Shop to "thin it down" to fit.

Original T/A hood scoop link: http://www.up22.com/ShopCartPages/zPR2.htm

If anyone has done this or knows anyway to do this that would be easier (or cheaper) please let me know. I will personal hand deliver you a hero cookie.

I will post before and after photos when done.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
T/A's ok but everyone and their monkeys uncle has one, I think a nice new custom baddass design is in order...I'll post some pics when done

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
T/A's ok but everyone and their monkeys uncle has one, I think a nice new custom baddass design is in order...I'll post some pics when done
I would love to see what your doing as well. This stock hood is fabulous, but I always felt it needed a little something else. I'm going T/A combo route, but would be interested to see any other combos.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I think it's a head turner, go for it! just look at my buddies SICK392 aka bskylerj. This is a metal scoop, not fiberglass or plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's a head turner, go for it! just look at my buddies SICK392 aka bysklerj. This is a metal scoop, not fiberglass or plastic.
How did you buddy do that? Where did he get that scoop and what did he have to do to get it on? Does this cover the spray nozzles (windshield wiper spray)?This is the EXACT design I am going for. Any detail would help a lot.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Good luck unless you can find a bolt on scoop , our hoods are Aluminum and bonding Fiberglass to aluminum well Find a Good body shop that does alot of custom work not the stock repaint fender bender shop.

Then there is the little issue of the stock hood having ducts already I just dont thing it would look right.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Reminds me of the guys who would want the formula hood scoops with the T/A hood scoop (pontiac firebird) on the 70-81 models... It just looks like too much on either car, but I'm not paying for it so who cares what I think. Just don't get upset if others voice their opinion of disapproval whether it be on this forum or in person.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Reminds me of the guys who would want the formula hood scoops with the T/A hood scoop (pontiac firebird) on the 70-81 models... It just looks like too much on either car, but I'm not paying for it so who cares what I think. Just don't get upset if others voice their opinion of disapproval whether it be on this forum or in person.
I guess we do have separate opinions (which is cool), but I looked up that car your talking about. I laughed, because it looks pretty sweet to me. Your right, there is a lot going on with that hood, but I like it. To each there own eh :)

http://pontiacformula.free.fr/en/pro-touring_gen2.10.php#

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Like, this looks... No words can describe. This version is fiber glass with the scoop being molded into the car for that smooth base. This one also doesn't cover the windshield sprayers. This is also functional. This is not only the design I want, but the layout as well.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/techpwrsparky/butch/IMG_3585.jpg
Yep dont like that at all :smiledown: Just my thoughts though Looks like its going to have a Fart can and Shopping Cart handle for a rear spoiler

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
look up bskylerj on here and message him, im sure he could give you details etc on his car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Go for it

Let me know how you make out, I like the look you're going for. I too like the T/A scoop just not on the stock hood. I'd like to see how yours turns out, keep us updated.:smileup:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
If you like the look it doesn't matter what others think. Go for it!! Looking forward to seeing the final product.:smileup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have done this. It is one of my favorite mods. I wanted a hood different from everyone else. I built my car as to be new n fresh but with a retro theme. Back in the day we would bolt or fiberglass scoops to the hoods. So I built this one. I wanted a taller hood too. This took me a good 5 months.

I purchased a fiberglass ta scoop for a 70's challenger. We used it for the mild and started fabricating. To flare the back and roll the edges on the intake takes a ton of time. When I fist finished it was way to big. We ended up taking a good 4" out of tge middle to shorten it.

I got rid if the washer nozzles. I didn't want them. They are ugly. I molded it to the hood. I have a hole cut under it. I used 3m panel adhesive and rivets. It turned out sweet. You will want to paint the scoop and hood before you mount. Getting hands under to paint, cut, n buff it is really hard. I cnc'd the grills out of billet to match the factory ones. I built a flAp to block air if you want or you can have it open. I ran it so the air channels connect with factory ones.

I wanted metal cause I don't like the fiberglass. I also wanted to show the detail I was putting into this build.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Reactions: challengerfan56

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Thanks bryan, was hoping youd see this thread, I forgot to mention it to you but you found it anyway. lol

Reactions: Bskylerj

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
I would think with the above combo functional scoops and a functional T/A scoop that would be a ton of cool air passing through and cool air is always a good thing! :smileup:

Bskylerj, nice set up and well done! :wavey:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.