Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well this is a puzzle! I have a 3G flip phone. I will use nothing else. F anyone tracking me on a smartphone. Tracfone says my 3G phone will always work because the technology will always be downward compatible.
-John

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I still have a hard-wired land line. Last night I pulled an old pulse dial rotary phone out of the basement. I plugged it in. I dialed my cell phone. The cell phone rang and it worked perfect. But on the cell network they can't....
-John

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
You use a cellphone, any cellphone, and you can be "tracked". Why would you care one bit if "they" track you? Why would "they" want to?

I know a guy who is a retired bus driver, and lives in a world of paranoia and suspicion. And if I get blunt, total ignorance. A ton of info is available online for him, which shocked him (Not many other people would be unaware as he is) greatly. When I showed him his address, landline phone number (He won't get a cellphone because "they" can "track" him. He never goes much of anywhere, LOL) His former profession and employer, his family members, and what seemed to floor him, a pic of his house, which is looked up on the local property tax page. Another world rattling piece of non news that shocked him was that on the same property tax page, it showed how much he paid his mom for the house, and all owners of the house from the builders on to him. The only thing missing online is a recent pic of him, there's an old one from about 1999, it's his work ID pic.

Along with the paranoid stuff, he smokes like 2 packs a day, yet a plate of fries or onion rings puts him into a panic like a cross does in an old vampire movie. "That stuff will kill you!", as he puffs away. If I would take a guess on what eventually will kill him, it's gonna be the cigarettes, or toxins from the cologne he dumps on himself daily. He makes my eyes water and nose run anytime I'm around him.
My military grade flip phone which is no longer available on Amazon (or anyplace) has the ability to block all tracking efforts. Including Amber alerts as well as the new federal emergency alerts. GPS is disabled too. I will keep it until the day it explodes or is non-functional.
-John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts