Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an all black 2013 Dodge Challenger with 20" chrome clad aluminum wheels and a deck spoiler. I like a classy looking muscle car with subtle custom touches. Eventually I want to invest in a T-stripe for the hood only. Not the whole car and not even the front bumper, just the hood. I was initially considering going with charcoal gray stripes, but now I am considering the carbon fiber decals instead. What say you?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Matte black for the win!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I a big fan of Matte Black as well......but a darker Metallic Grey would look good too.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I'm not big on black on black. I like more of a unique contrast look. Personally I think a deep orange or lime green would look killer.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Between your choices of charcoal and carbon fiber I would select charcoal since I'm not partial to carbon fiber. I also agree with Dodgeguy. Matte Black would look good.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Stripe

I love the Black on Black. Very subtle :smileup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah idk. I mean I would go with a color if I wanted to, but I feel like it looks kinda stealthy as it is, and bright graphics would kill the look. Silver ses bright to me, although it looks great. I'm thinking carbon fiber because it is like a dark grey, but the texture adds some visual interest. I worry about flat black or other smooth surfaced stripes, because of nicks and crap that will happen. I though the carbon fiber texture might help hide those future flaws.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you want carbon fiber, get an expensive carbon fiber hood. A sticker with printed carbon fiber is pointless to me. Why not go with a tweed or denim print vinyl stripe?

Think about the care for the stripes. I've got white and it contaminates easily. I've detailed matte before and it's an effort to make it look consistent. Matte black is also overdone at this point, IMHO, with rat rods and what not.

Now a metallic grey/charcoal would be on the right track. I've seen it on the Camaros, and it's stellar. A metallic/pearl will give it pop and depth - the visual interest you're looking for.

And if you drive your car, rock chips are inevitable. At least the vinyl is taking the brunt of the impacts instead of the paint. I'd rather spend $300 on vinyl than $1500 on paint for the hood.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a black car well... and when I was looking at stripes I had the same decision as you... except my choices were boiled down to Matte Black & dark Grey.

I went with the dark grey & am very happy with it. I THOUGHT i wanted the matte black, but then I noticed others with that combo & wanted something not only a little different, but with a little more contrast ...

I went with the full stripe wrapping the bumpers & T-stripe on the hood and am currently considering taking it off the bumpers anywhere below the head & taillights. I like the full, but am thinking it would be better just on top.

R

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah that's nice. I'm think t stripes only. Idk as I said. Id like it subtle.
Thanks...

yeah... don't blame you ... everyone has their tastes... the bumpers are kind of dancing on the edge of mine LOL. One day I really like it, the next... I still like it but could do with a little less...

Are you gonna have someone do them or do it yourself?

Good luck.

R

1 - 19 of 19 Posts