Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the post. I live around Huntsville so this is perfect. Good to support and excuse to drive Talladega. I will be attending.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
wow that is really cool, I think anything for our vets. wish I could be a part of it, thanks for posting. great thing for them

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Can't recommend this highly enough....was a great time!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
H
Thanks for the post. I live around Huntsville so this is perfect. Good to support and excuse to drive Talladega. I will be attending.
Hope you can make it, we will be there with a couple canopies set up, be sure to look us up if you make it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Great road trip

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
WOW wish that was closer...I would really like to get my car on that track....what fun !!!

Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
8,582 Posts
WOW wish that was closer...I would really like to get my car on that track....what fun !!!
I would drive across the country for that.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
We drove from PA...you can do it!

·
8,582 Posts
Talladega Vettes4vets is back for 2016. Here is the web sight
http://www.vettes4vets.org/
The event will be held May 28th 2016. This is a chance to run your Challenger around the Talladega Super Speedway. They say the top speeds are around 100, trust me, I ran at 142.
Just courious, how are you running 142 mph with a safety car running as a pace car in front of you. Everything I read states no more than 100 mph.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just courious, how are you running 142 mph with a safety car running as a pace car in front of you. Everything I read states no more than 100 mph.
As the cars come out of turn 2 they have all spaced out about 500 ft. The secret is not to lineup behind the pace car or in the rear where there is also a pace car and most runs end up being about 130. You have to have things work to stretch it to 140. I know the R/T is governed to 140, but the speedometer and GPS said 142, and by the way with a 5 speed automatic the car will run the top speed in 4th. That's not hear say, that's from the drivers seat.

·
8,582 Posts
I understand now. Great video.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts